“Best home cooked food ever!”

Die Boord The Orchard Koffiewinkel
Ranked #12 of 34 Restaurants in Montagu
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: THE Orchard / The Orchard Montagu is one of those places that just on entering your heart stem with cozy at atmosphere ... And friendly service. The restaurant and coffee shop can be found in a large converted barn in the historic Long Street is located. The site boasts a lovely shady back garden and enough playground for children, especially genietommet the fish in the pond to play. Inside the shop there is also a wide variety of treats, gifts, clothes and books to buy. Currently, visitors can also self apricots in the orchard picking and beautiful views to enjoy the Langeberg Mountains. For the winter months, the soft couches near the fireplace netdieplekomdieoggendsekoerant read with a good cup of koffieSee More
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Simply delicious in a homely environment, plenty to eat and Joanna also supplies frozen meals - absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

The Orchard, a name to remember when you are travelling through Montagu, such friendly staff and such fresh food, the breakfast was fantastic, the coffee wonderful and the service excellent. Will always come back. Thank you.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

I telephoned the Restaurant on the Friday and made a reservation,for one, for Sunday lunch. I specifically requested that there be Offal (Tripe and Trotters) on the the Menu and was assured it was. I had bought a frozen (take home) Offal curry when I visited the Town in March 2018. When I arrived I was warmly greeted and as it was a cold Sunday, tables were set up inside the restaurant with a roaring fire. There was a long table with a group of adults and children.
When my Offal arrived a young man at the next table said ah we should have ordered that. It was a big plate of Offal and rice with some sweet pumpkin. I showed them my plate of food and his mum said I don't eat that.
I thoroughly enjoyed my curry at a leasurely pace because it was so cosy indoors. I also enjoyed a baked cheese cake for dessert.
It is an interesting shop with lovely little sayings and lots of different preserves, different Rooibos teas and biscuits for sale. They also stock up on frozen take home foods.
There are tables outside for when the weather is good with views of the Mountain and Orchards

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Dropped in for lunch to be welcomed by a warm fire and friendly greetings - intrigued by some of the local products in the shop. My burger was the best I have tasted in a long time. Loved the old peach stone floor.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We, a family of six, arrived at lunchtime to be served promptly with tasty meals to fill empty tummies. Thank you for your welcoming service. Beware the parking lot! It really was an Orchard - one fruit tree now bears the scar of our back bumper!