6,295 results
All reviews lagoon room free movies starz diner foam party kings club direct access to the pool live band swimming pool kids suite water slides kids club swim up bar great pool in house family hotel night market f b
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

As usual, being in Hard Rock chain of Hotels definately offers you great comfort and pampering. The room we choose had a partition for kds and they definately loved it. Swimming pool with slides the hotel has its private beach as well.

It is deep in th Batu Feringghi area. Staffs are well trained and are very helpful. Indeed a great hotel to choose if you are in Penang. This is our 2nd visit and will indeed make it a first choice to stay.

Usually rooms will be full during school holidays. Book faster.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
smehrhpg, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Wow, thanks for the perfect score and review, Masrul M!

The Roxity Kids Suite is a unique product in Malaysia, and is a great place for kids to enjoy their stay and feel like a little rock star. At the same time, it also provides that extra space for the kids do their own thing, and some space for parental relaxation as well.

The hotel indeed is located at the end of Batu Ferringhi. However, having to be located at the end also allow the hotel to offer a little more privacy to guests who wished to be away from the public and the crowd.

It is great to see that you had a fabulous time with us, and that you found the service that we provided to be so good. Once again, thank you for your continuous support towards Hard Rock Hotel Penang and each time, we love having you as our guest!

Rockin’ Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We stayed here on recommendation from others. And look, it is nice and decent location along Batu Feringgi but wouldnt recommend unless you have kids in tow. We are newly weds and although dont mind kids but they were everywhere. There is so much pool area but no adult only section so no way of having a bit of relax time by the pool. Staff generally pretty friendly. Hotel quite clean. Rooms werent bad. Wifi pretty good. Great kids area and kids club. Bed wasnt very comfortable and just kept rolling into midde of the bed. Breakfast not included which we thought given the price of the accommodation it wouldn't be much for them to include it. Everything at the hotel seemed to have an extra charge to it. I'd only come back if as part of a family trip otherwise one of the adjoining hotels probably better value.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
smehrhpg, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear handitto,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel Penang.

Hard Rock Hotel Penang is proudly a family friendly hotel, and has won numerous awards worldwide for its family friendly orientation. Hard Rock operates with the mantra "Love All Serve All" and in that sense, we are able to provide amazing hotel experiences to all types of guests, and regularly welcome couples and others who have a rocking good time too.

I am sorry to read that you were unable to find for the quieter area at the swimming pool. The swimming pool at the hotel is one of the biggest in Malaysia, and offers some great spaces for kids to have fun, as well as areas for adults to escape and relax. The pool area next to Pizzeria restaurant offers a quiet corner including some nice cabanas where you can hide away from the crowds.

Meanwhile, we are pleased to know that you found the staff to be friendly. The team at Hard Rock Penang pride themselves on their dedication to guest service, and will be very pleased to know you appreciated their efforts.

I was surprised by your feedback that everything was an extra charge at the hotel, as we operate with a policy to avoid this as much as possible. All the leisure activities provided by our Recreation Team, the gym, the kids clubs, the live bands, guitar rental, etc. are all provided inclusive of the room rate. We do also offer breakfast inclusive rates (about 90% of the rates we sell are breakfast inclusive) but provide the room only option for guests looking for something a little more affordable or who perhaps don’t want to have breakfast in the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review. We continue to strive to ensure that every guest that stays with us has a truly rocking experience, and should you return to Penang we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Just had to let people know that this place is described as a beach hotel and it’s not the beach is rubbish and dirty and you can not swim in the sea as it’s dirty it should not be described as a beach resort now the hotel well it’s great for kids between the age of 3 to 8 and that’s it any older and it’s not good there are lots and I mean lots of little screaming kids everywhere there is no adult area near the pool to get some peace it’s a hard rock hotel and all people are interested in is the superb pool complex for the little ones then there’s the breakfast which you have to que for and again it’s full of crying kids and running around all over the food is rubbish and poor quality sorry hard rock but you have got this hotel all wrong

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear Eddie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel Penang. We are very disappointed to read of some areas where we let you down and didn't fulfil our Hard Rock Hotel promise.

I understand your frustration in regards to the beach cleanliness however this is not a private beach or hotel property, and is public land controlled by the local authority. The authority does a daily cleaning where they collect litter and debris from the beach. Many guests of ours do choose to swim in the sea, but there is the chance of jellyfish stings.

Hard Rock Hotel Penang is proudly a family friendly hotel, and has won numerous awards worldwide for its family friendly orientation. However we are able to provide amazing hotel experiences to all types of guests, and regularly welcome couples of all ages who have a rocking good time too. The kids play area in the swimming pool only takes up about 25% of the pool area and there are sectors of the poolside (next to Pizzeria restaurant) away from the kid's play area which are quiet and relaxing for adults too. I am sorry if you were unable to find these during your stay with us or if our staff didn’t assist you accordingly.

My sincere apologies for the hassle and the breakfast congestion you encountered during your stay. Besides the Starz Diner restaurant, the hotel makes contingencies to reduce the congestion at breakfast, by opening our Pizzeria Restaurant as well when we forecast a busy morning.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to turn it around and please be assured we work hard to provide a positive experience and value for money.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This was my first time to stay at a Hard Rock Hotel property and was really surprised by the service, quality and cleanliness of the hotel. I stayed at the King Suite and another party at Roxity Kids Suite with courtyard. Special shout out to Mark of Rock Royalty for being the bubbliest staff in the whole Hard Rock. The rest of the service was so-so. Took me an hour from the time I called the reception to prepare for my bill to the time stepped out of the property. Joshua, from Rock Royalty has been very helpful and tried his best in helping me out, however the delay that was caused by multiple of issues (reception not informing the lounge that I will be checking out there, lounge was surprised I was checking out once there, technical problems, etc.) was just unacceptable. Good thing I made it to my flight and there wasn’t much traffic. That was 30mins late to my planned departure from the hotel. Not sure about the royalty treatment they mentioned in their marketing as there is definitely nothing royalty about it.
Quality, the hotel is clearly not well maintained, first the doorknob in the master bedroom of king suite is broken, reading lights are not working. I’m not sure about the other room as I didn’t stay there. With our Roxity Kid Suite, took 3 guys to come from the maintenance team just to fix the shower as it wasn’t working. Took more than 1hr before it was finally fixed. Another thing was, my child wasn’t able to sleep well as the walls of the rooms are too thin that when a child next door started making noise it can be loudly heard next door. A design issue I believe. Also, those violet lights in the room are also quite uncomfortable to the eye. I hope they remove those as it definitely is not cool when you cannot relax. With the lounge, the food quality has no consistency, we ordered the 1.) scrambled eggs, shrimps and avocado 2.) Roti. First day was perfect, totally raving about it. Redeemed. Next day, I ordered the same and 1.) came out very sloppy and they forgot to put the spinach. 2.) It didn’t look like a roti. (Pls see the photos for reference)
Lastly, cleanliness. I requested for a make-up room and the minute I came back, I was surprised how the room was quickly made up. Only to find out that the dining table wasn’t even cleaned well with some leftover from the nights in-room dining. The remote control has a lot of sticky residue from who knows when, like a soda popped in it. You don’t have to be OCD to see these things, but even the carpets need to be replaced as it really did feel dirty and smelled musty. Same as the Roxity Kids Suite and the Roxity Kids Club’s carpet. There was also absolutely nothing for kids to do there. Was expecting a little bit more than the unclean carpet and 2-3tables to draw with some old books. I wouldn’t even bother having my kids to stay there. They didn’t like it anyways. I will definitely not recommend this hotel. I can’t imagine having stayed in other rooms when I’m talking about the highest room category.

Dear bonitz,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions about Hard Rock Hotel Penang. We are disheartened to hear that you were disappointed with the recent experience, so we apologize for falling short this time.

In regards to the billing issues, The Front Office Manager is now investigating what was the cause of the bill been delayed and will conduct training with the staff in the issues you raised, to ensure better and more consistent service to our guests in the future. I understand there was a last minute change in your transfer arrangements and these needed to be adjusted on the account, but this should only have taken a few moments.

Glad to read that Mark and Joshua provided ‘Amplified Service’ during your stay. Both of them in particularly will be rewarded for their great work, as such glowing reports are music to our ears.

Your feedback on the maintenance issues you raised has been immediately to the Chief Engineer and he has requested his team to check both Roxity Kids Suite and the King’s Suite to ensure that all facilities are in good condition prior to guest arrival. As to the in-room lighting matters, this feature lighting was added as part of the refurbishment that was completed in 2016. We still have the bedside lights and bedside reading lamps as usual for guest comfort and the purple lights can be switched off.

My sincere apologies for the inconsistency of the food served at the Rock Royalty Lounge too. It looks like there were different chefs making the food on the two days of your stay, but despite this the food should present almost identically if the recipe card is being followed correctly. The Executive Chef takes such feedback seriously and he will conduct retraining sessions with the Rock Royalty culinary team to make sure that only the best quality of food is served there.

Disappointed to hear you found the cleaning service not up to scratch. My apologies for this, and I have personally followed up with the Housekeeping Manager in regards to this unacceptable standard.

As to the indoor activities, your comment have been shared with our Recreation Manager and she is constantly working to refresh all the games available in the hotel to ensure that all kids are having a rockin’ good time. Generally, the feedback we get for these facilities is excellent, but we can see where improvement can still be made.

Again I apologise we weren't able to deliver the memorable experience on this occasion that we are known for. Thanks for seeing the potential in us and for giving us a room for improvement. We hope that we can welcome you back so that you can experience Hard Rock at its best.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I would says that overall the quality of foods and drinks at your club lounge is not very satisfying. one evening your white wine ran out and we was served with 2 glass of unchilled white wine instead. Food quality needs to improve and food serving speed too needs a lots of improvement.. .

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your feedback, chlionel!

I am sorry to read that there aspects of your stay that left you disappointed. The hotel always aims to ensure that every guest has a rocking experience and are always saddened to know that someone has left underwhelmed.

My apologies as you noticed a drop in the food quality served at the Rock Royalty Lounge. This is very unusual feedback for the lounge as usually it’s overwhelmingly positive. I have asked the Executive Chef to do some additional training upstairs to ensure consistency and efficiency is being maintained to standard. As to the white wine issues, this is also a unique comment for us. The lounge maintains a daily par level of wine which up until this feedback we have never known to be insufficient. I will follow up with the Front Office Manager who is responsible for the lounge as to what happened here.

Further improvement is obviously required in the areas mentioned. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to turn it around and thank you again for taking time to give us this most important feedback.