“Great service”

Tamarind Brasserie
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Barbecue, Malaysian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A breezy, open-air brasserie restaurant in Penang, that serves a mouth-watering menu of Asian, continental and traditional cuisine. Its fabulous buffet spreads are rated amongst the very best available, whether you come for breakfast or dinner. In fact, its dinner buffets offer over 40 favourites and are sure to satisfy even the biggest appetites.Saturday is Seafood Day with lobsters and oysters. Drop by on Sunday with your family and friends to enjoy our premium Super Sundays Family Buffet Lunch or Dinner. A new menu is introduced every fortnight so nothing remains the same except for the quality. Featuring an extensive spread such as Black Angus, Australian Lamb Rack, Shell Scallops, Fin Fillet, Prawns, Slipper Lobsters, Salads and inspired Desserts, your Sundays couldn't be any better! Not to be outdone, its à la carte menu also has a loyal following. The Penang Char Koay Teow with shredded crabmeat and Hainanese Chicken Rice are rated amongst the best in Penang. Mouth-watering desserts like Ice Kacang and the ever-popular Banana Split are perennial favourites and a must have when in Penang.Despite being a cheery, breezy coffee house, you will experience impeccable and friendly service.Opening Hours : 6.00 am to 12.00 midnightLocation : Ground FloorCapacity : 220 persons with one private room for 20 persons and a pavilion seating for 20 persons
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

We ate breakfast here each morning of our stay & were always welcomed with a friendly greeting. I have no qualms about the service standards - I thought they were all fantastic. They're friendly, smiley & very prompt. I'm surprised to read other reviews saying otherwise.

Definitely suggest the omelettes as they make them to order while you wait. The buffet is not much different to that you'll get anywhere else in the world though I do have to commend them on the freshness and also their variety of drink options - juices in particular.
They even brought my boyfriend tasty strawberry cupcakes on his birthday :)

Reviewed November 12, 2016

We visited for lunch a la carte during the week having enjoyed a Sunday buffet there a month or so back. Positives: Very good service, nice grounds and nice location. Food is very, very average at best. We ordered 2 entrees and 4 mains. Entrees were passable but the papadams / prawn crackers served initially were stale. My tandoori biryani was horrible; cold bland chicken and average rice. The other mains followed this theme without the coldness. Basically bland, tasteless fare whereby we ate maybe 50% of each meal at best. Would absolutely not go back for a la carte but would go again for the Sunday buffet.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

Come and experience a plentiful dining setting. The choices presentation quality are of a very high standard. Strongly recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant seemed to have two teams of service staff , one team wore a "courtesy tag" and they were hospitable while the rest seemed unaware what's expected of the service staff in the hotel industry .

My husband and I went for an early breakfast on the first day at 720am. There are five staff at the reception, all huddled together with their heads down and not one "good morning" as we arrived. We went in, sat ourselves down and I proceeded to the Soto Ayam station. No one in sight to serve the noodles. I went over to the egg station to ask if there is someone who can assist at the Soto Ayam station and the service staff just turned his back on me without a word. Only when I asked for the reason for this ignorance and wrote his name down did he decide that this is not a career building move and serving the hotel guest some noodles is perhaps not beyond his scope of duty. You would note that this is 720am and none of the staff was busy or hassled at this point.

The next day, we arrived at the restaurant around 9am and this time the restaurant is like a bus station. Once again , we walked in and tried to get a table ourselves since, once again, there is no one at the reception. This time, we couldn't find a table and decided to approach a waiter to ask for help. We were told condescendingly that we ought to be waiting at the reception and be shown a table instead of wandering in. After being told firmly that the is no one at reception and that we, the guests, should not be talked to so rudely did he apologise and get us a table.

The breakfast experience is perhaps the most grating of our hotel stay but otherwise this is a nice hotel at this price point

Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

The buffet breakfast in this place is good but I have had better in other places around the world. There is a good variety of food appealing to tourists from around the world as well as local breakfast dishes. The menu for lunch and dinner is good and it offers a variety of cuisines. There is a selection of Malaysian foods but I wished there were more dishes to choose from. The Seafood Hor Fun is something that you should try, we ordered it twice during our stay at the Park Royal. The drinks are ok but the Ice Kachang is a good local dessert to try here.

1  Thank Chandputti