DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rasa Motel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)
D'Feringghi Haus(Batu Ferringhi)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treebooked a family roomreception staffpedestrian bridgeseparated roomscrabtree and evelynparking voucherwarm cookiescalled earlierearly jankids clubspecial thanksexcellent staywarm hospitalityshort vacationper daykids pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were book the rooms with seaview and Balcony ..we had some techical problem in the room but we had met the best team to help solve the problem and free upgrade for us the room. its was the best team ever.
Hotel room was clean and comfortable..adorable environment and great facilities.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessie5220
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jessie5220,

Thank you for leaving us with an excellent review. I am pleased to note your positive comments of our dedicated members. Delighted to hear that our hotel rooms and facilities have lived up to your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time in Penang. We initially booked DoubleTree thinking it was an actual Beach resort; my family was excited for our holiday + we needed to attend a wedding on the mainland.

Check-in was fast, staff were friendly and the welcome cookies were delicious! The lobby was spacious and looked like the photos on Trip Advisor.

Being a family of 5, I specifically asked to book two rooms that were adjoining since we have 3 young kids. We went up to our rooms on the 5th floor and to our pleasant surprise the 'adjoining' rooms were unlike other typical rooms, instead of the connecting door being inside and in between the two rooms, it was really connected outside with sliding doors that stopped anyone from knocking either door. A different touch I thought.
Until..... we discovered that the doors were faulty and did not lock automatically when closed. Now, I know it's Hilton and safety would be part of the Brand's DNA anyway, but having smaller kids I would have preferred the locks to work so I called the hotel frontdesk and they immediately sent up an engineer to investigate.

We then left the rooms for a tour around the hotel while the engineer tinkered with the doors and locks.

The venue is nice, hotel looks new and modern but alas, the pool was smaller than the photos put it out to be and the beach wasn't exactly as near as we thought. It was more of an overhead bridge (over the main road) connecting guests to the small rocky(?) beach below. Not quite a beach you would sit under the sun enjoying the a book kinda place. To each his own I guess.

We initially wanted to have dinner at the hotel that night but the restaurant by the pool looked so empty with no staff around (it was about 645pm) so we decided to take a drive (we had a rented car) around Batu Ferringhi to see what the place offered. It is similar to other beach front towns like Bali and Phuket with resorts spread out. What we realised was that there were also other resorts that probably would have matched what we were expecting. But it was fine, we were happy at Doubletree. We decided we would just find another beach area to hang out later on in our (4d/3n) stay.

After dinner at a nearby restaurant, we went back to the hotel and to our surprise the sliding doors were still not yet fixed. Odd I thought. So another call was made and I suggested that perhaps we could be moved to other rooms that had working locks. After a while, the person who took my call together with a frontdesk staff, personally came to our room to apologise that there were no other rooms available and that these faulty locks were common in the hotel (?). To the staff's credit, they were extremely helpful and tried accommodating. They also assured that they would ask hotel security to patrol the floors more regularly at night. So we decided that we would stay with the given rooms albeit a little concerned that it meant my young kids would need to be locked up in the room (albeit next door) through the night. (We had to repeatedly assure our kids that we were just next door and if anything or if anyone knocked, to call us right away).

On another positive, I do have to mention that on one of the mornings, the day of the wedding, we realised that the venue was on the mainland which also meant that we needed a TouchNGo card which our rental company did not provide for us. To our surprise the Frontline staff (Priya) offered for us to use her spare card instead. We want to recommend her for her wonderful assistance and generous offer. She has been a real life saver.

Overall our stay was pleasant. Breakfast selections were decent, rooms were new and clean. But the real stars of the hotel are the staff themselves. Kudos to them.

However, as for the basic infrastructure standards I would say that it was surprising since the hotel is relatively quite new. If adjoining rooms are on the offer, the locks should at least work.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dexter K
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dexter K,

Thank you for leaving us with a review - your feedback is important to us. I am pleased to note that our team members' hospitality and dedication has exceeded your expectations. Whilst I am happy to note that you were pleased with our rooms, I am concerned about your remarks of the locks. Kindly be assured that we are currently reviewing the door lock issue with the contractors for a better solution. We are disappointed to learn that our location was not up to your expectations. Also, we do have staff stationed in Makan Kitchen for dinner but they were probably not standing in a prominent spot around the highlighted time. Thank you, once again, for leaving us with constructive feedback. It is through our guests' feedback that we are able to identify areas for improvement. With that said, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang in future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Please don't bother coming here!

As I write this review I'm still staying here . It's our last night here. We will be checking out tomorrow. We've had a terrible experience with this booking and property. Let me put it in points.
1) we checked in on 17th march afternoon after a 6 hour journey from KL.. they took 1 hour to check is in! They goofed up in the booking, gave us wrong forms to sign ( someone else's booking ) . We are travelling with elderly parents and they were really tired. The whole time the excuse we were given was that it's a busy weekend.
2) after checking in, we were given a room (908) with no toothbrush, sanitary bag, earbuds or toothpaste. The toilet roll older fell on the floor and the shower refuses to drain. It causes a puddle when you have a bath. I called housekeeping 6 times, asking for towels and a toothbrush and it didn't come until 11pm. THE TOILET DOORS CREAK LIKE CRAZY , SO GOOD LUCK TRYING TO USE THR LOO IN THE NIGHT WITHOUT WAKING YOUR PARTNER UP!

3) 18th morning, we proceeded for breakfast after putting a "DO NOT DISTURB " sign on our board and putting the switch on. Yet when we came back , housekeeping had opened the door. And according to them they had cleaned the room. ( THE TRASH WAS NOT CLEARED, SOAPS, SHAMPOO NOT REPLENISHED , ROOM NOT SWEPT AND WIPED) THEY HAD ONLY MADE THE BED! THEY ALSO STOLE MY JEWELLERY POUCH WHICH I HAD IN MY TOTE. I HAD CHECKED OT BEFORE I WENT FOR BREAKFAST. IT WAS MISSING! I immediately informed the careline on telephone and even called the duty manager Ms. Maya. It's 01:14 am right now and yet I have not heard from the general manager of the property or they haven't told me of they found the thief or viewed the CCTV footage! It's been an entire day and they haven't even bothered to check .. Ms. Maya even came by the room to investigate and check the room. ( I'm now told that thefts in hotel rooms are very common in Malaysia)

3) As we are travelling with elderly parents who are vegetarians, they were tired and wanted to rest in the evening, hoping to have their dinner at the hotel. The in room dining has only ONE VEGETARIAN DISH , WHICH WAS NOT AVAILABLE! THEY WENT TO THE RESTAURANT AND THE CHEF WAS TERRIBLY ARROGANT REFUSING TO EVEN SPEAK TO US TO ACCOMMODATE ONE SIMPLE MEAL JUST SOME DHALL OR ROTI OR CURD AND RICE . THEY SAID THEY COULD ONLY PROVIDE US WITH PASTA OR A MARGHARITA pizza.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Sandhya U

I am disappointed to learn that our hotel did not live up to your expectations and would like to apologize for the shortfall of services that you have experienced. Thank you for highlighting the issues above to us.

Your check in was slightly delayed as two individual bookings were made under a different name with no special request for the rooms to be on the same floor. We specially arranged rooms on the same floor and offered complimentary breakfast for 2 rooms for 2 nights. We apologise for the delay in service delivery of the extra amenities. It was a busy weekend but kindly be assured that your remarks have been duly noted for improvement in service delivery. Our team member proceeded to make up the room as the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign was not lit up. We offered to search your porch upon being alerted of your situation but was declined. We then immediately proceeded to conduct a thorough investigation. After reviewing CCTV footages and conducting in-depth questioning of our team members, there were negative findings.

Our Engineering team had promptly responded to the complaint of the clogged drains. Our team member suggested pasta, dhall curry and pizza as vegetarian options. Due to the lack of available vegetarian options, our team member offered to check with the chef to come up with a special menu but before we could confirm anything, you have already left the restaurant. Your passport that was left behind in the hotel was quickly delivered to you and a smooth check-in was also swiftly arranged for you.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and will definitely look into refining our services. We look forward for the opportunity to better serve you in future and wish you safe travels onwards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my 1st stay with Doubletree by Hilton Penang. The room is very well designed, spacious, clean and the view is awesome. It can direct view to the ocean.

One thing to highlight that our room key not working for 3rd times and makes us up and down and end up the room key not working due to the scanner out of battery.

However, we were lucky to met with well trained, efficient and always have a warm friendly smile on their faces -Kamal & Nita. This made us feel at home. Thank you!

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DropYourBag,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review I am pleased to note that you were impressed by our rooms and that you were thoroughly satisfied by the hospitality shown by our team members. We are apologetic for the situation with the scanner but hope that this experience does not hinder you from booking a stay with us in future. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon with better services.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A short trip to penang over the weekend. Took 45 min to check it despite no one else waiting because the receptionist was not able to find my booking. I have called earlier of the to confirm booking n put in a request for adjacent rooms. Rooms were separated way apart (BOOKED THREE ROOMS ). Simple rooms nothing great.
Decided to extend our stay as family members did not want to move to other hotel nearby. Called the reservation n booked 2 bedrooms unit.was promise sun n moon..so i accepted the offered.

Checked in to the two bedroom unit
Nice deco n room arrangement. No extra bed as promise..no added person breakfast as promise. Called helpline..took longer time to pick up. Went to reception..again was told they will organise something. After few hours..same thing...nothing..called again ..was told will inform manager for futher action.

Round the circle few time...no result at the end

Breakfast average..no like other hilton..

Someone registered my honour hilton membership n i was not able to log in..n the person at the counter was not able to do anythin

Do not recommend this hotel if you are a beach person...no easily accesible. No worth the money if it only for the view

Reception n reservation do not talk to each other so if you booked something

Below average

Overall...i should have gone to other hotels i have stayed previously

Please take note of the above

Smelly rubbish was not clean up upon checking in

Please management do something about this

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank HayatiYaakup

Dear HayatiYaakup,

Thank you for leaving us with a review - your feedback is highly important to us. Firstly, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you have encountered and the shortfall of services that you have experienced whilst you were here. We are disappointed to learn that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Your constructive feedback has been duly noted and will be reviewed with the relevant departments for improvement and refinement in our service delivery and hospitality standard.

We hope for another opportunity to deliver the true and warm Hilton hospitality experience to you in future.