All reviews private room pablo supermarket kitchen chill hammocks pool beach
Reviewed January 12, 2017

Don't mean to be mean, but it's the worst hostel I've seen. And I saw many. Mostly because of the bathroom, who was horrible. Plus, a toilet on two was broken. The door of the bath didn't close properly, the were spider wed everywhere and the floor was gross. I'm not easily disgusted but this time I took my shower with flip-flops.
I didn't went to the kitchen area and the pool area. But we met two girls and they were both living in the bungalows and they said it's awesome out here. And I have to say that the room are clean, but pretty small. I would not recommend this hostel and wouldn't go there again.

Room Tip: Not a clean hostel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2016

My girlfriend and I spent over two weeks in the bungalows. It is such a great special place. Super mellow. The staff is amazing and super friendly. We loved the location. It is super close to Playa Carmen and the grocery story. There is a nice little pool to chill in with a mellow little courtyard area with hammocks. There are two kitchens and everything you need. We were there in the off season, so there weren't many people, but they have the capability to handle a good crowd. Our bungalow was rad and clean. There are rooms with private bathrooms, but there is a communal bathroom area that was cleaned regularly. We were super stoked on this place and made some great friends. The owner Pablo is the man and takes pride in keeping the property maintained. A cool little bar if you're too tired to make it to town. They have info on shuttles, swell, and pretty much anything you need in the area. They even have rental boards and info. I wish I lived here haha

Room Tip: Several different options. If you're looking for more private get a bungalow or private with bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

Cool surfist ambiance, hammocks, a pool, 2 kitchens wich are a bit spartan but really OK. We saw a lot of animals near our bungalow(humid, we were there in the rainy season and the bungalow was not good isolated)and we had very good prices for surf lessons on the beach wich is very near to the hostel. Near to the hostel there are also restaurants, bars and supermarkets. The personal was..shy(?). Free coffee but no breakfast.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

Positive: Atmosphere, Super nice staff and owners, two well equipped open kitchens, wild animal life, nice pool, very chill hammocks place and perfect located.
Negative: I just could stay for only 5 nights. I wanted to live like that forever!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2016

All was good, location is perfect, staff is really nice, fun people, clean rooms! The pool is a great addition. There are a grocery right beside and a great local restaurant. The private cabins are the better room and are really worth it. Would go back there anytime! Enjoy Santa Teresa, one of the best beach place in the world :)

Stayed: December 2015