“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 1, 2015 via mobile

Had dinner at Alma yesterday and it was fantastic. I ordered Da Pork and it was the best piece of pork I ever had (big fan of baby back pork ribs and such). The bbq sauce was excellent, even if a little more sugary than necessary, as is often the case in Costa Rica. The service was very good. Great experience overall. This town is full of nice places to eat and this one is another fantastic option if you are looking for a good meal and a good time.

Reviewed February 26, 2015

Set back off the road a bit, this place is amazing! The chef/owner obviously takes pride in his work. The flavours as well as the presentation of the food was suburb. My wife had the pineapple boat stuffed with coconut rice and topped with seafood of all kinds. I had the seared tuna wrapped in seaweed and panko crumbs served with a passion fruit jelly. Both of these dishes were delicious. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 20, 2015

I had a great all around experience at Alma. It's set back off the road a bit, and feels like a world away. The music was amazing, and the ambience was romantic. Service was fast and friendly. I'm not sure if there was a new server or if the old server has improved over the season, but we had absolutely no problems and we came on a fairly busy night. My table ordered a longboard as an appetizer and then the thai veal, pork ribs, and a pineapple bed (we were hungry!). I tried bites of each and everything was amazing. We also ordered some mojitos and fresh fruit daiquiris that were to die for. I had some mango in my daiquiri that was picked fresh right on the property. Rodrigo at the bar was a sweetheart and mixed a mean cocktail. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 17, 2015

Great Food - the Steak was very good but the Thai Veal that my wife had was out of this world! Our third time to the restaurant over the past two years...my kids always remember what they had Try the Seafood boat as well - my son swears by it.
And the music is so eclectic that i think they should have their own radio station - i have never heard of Bobby Byrd before doing Get On Up - great track and a list full of others.

Reviewed February 16, 2015

The restaurant sits back off the road, so it's nice there is no dust while you eat. I had Thai fish dish, the sauce was amazing. My husband ordered 'Da Pork' which was fantastic, nice and crunchy layer around the outside of the pork but juicy and flavorful. The sushi our friends ordered was excellent. There is a new bar area in the back of the restaurant which has a very nice outdoor ambiance. Service was good, although the restaurant was only about 1/3 full.