All reviews pura vida costa rica night guard yoga classes cristina mali concierge casa casita kala luxury roads paradise ocean surf 2min birds
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Wow our stay was just amazing. the owner christine was so lovely from the beginning we were writing with her till the end. she really wanted to organise the perfect stay for us. our villa was just like a luxury gardenhouse. the bed was so comfy and the kitchen had everything we needed for cooking by ourself. and can i have this outdoor bathroom at home please. a nice outdoorshower next to a lots of green plants. we really loved this place with this nice villas and the nice garden. the villas are just 2min away from the famous and beautiful beach playa hermose. so perfect for us who surfed everyday.

also what we really enjoyed were the housekeeping. they cleaned every day our room and sometimes they also did our dishes.

and its so quiet in this area (you don't even hear the ocean, because of this green scenery of plants). in the morning you hear all the birds arround. what a nice way to get up.

and i don't wanna say anything to the interior design. if you love bali you will definetly love also this villas. everything is just planned in detail.

so we are definetly come back to this luxury relaxing place if we are arround. could live there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
batikcostrica, Proprietario at Batik Beach Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Bettina,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, your comments are very much valued! We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our resort very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer care that our guests expect. We do our work with so much love and passion!
I'm personally grateful for your appreciation and really hope to see you again soon!
Cristina

Reviewed November 12, 2017

So much I could say here... just got back from a resort review trip and Batik was absolutely my highlight. My villa had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, a relaxing pool and luxuriously designed & decorated open concept living space. From the moment the gate to the property opened up, the experience was amazing. I was instantly greeted with a smile by Isabella the concierge (who provided me so much info prior to arrival via e-mail) who was extremely helpful, friendly and available to arrange anything I needed to make my stay comfortable and memorable. I really wish I could have stayed longer in this luxurious paradise. The property itself is very private and relaxing and steps from one of the best surf beaches in the world, which I of course sampled! Isabella dropped by daily to check in and make sure I had everything I needed and to offer any suggestions I may want in terms of activities or places to eat. She had also arranged an ATV for daily transportation to the town, which came in very handy for trips to lunch, dinner, sight seeing and exploring this beautiful region of Costa Rica. My profession is fitness and active travel, so my purpose for coming to Batik was to truly experience beautiful Santa Teresa and the top resorts in the region. I left feeling so relaxed and accomplished at the same time. I would highly recommend this resort for couples or families who want a relaxing yet active vacation with a luxurious place to call home. You need nothing but your desire to enjoy paradise as the Batik villas are fully equipped and Isabella can arrange anything from transportation, to massage & surf lessons, to a private chef or nanny. Love it, love it, love it... and will absolutely return here. Thank you Batik!

Room Tip: All rooms are in quite self contained villas on a private property, with A/C and everything you need. Steps from the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Bishop,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our resort very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer care that our guests expect. We do our work with so much love and passion!
We are glad you liked our property amenities and neighborhood.
It was a pleasure to host you and we really hope that we will be welcoming you back for another stay in the next future.
Cristina

Reviewed August 21, 2017

We loved our stay at Batik it was AMAZING. The accommodations were so beautiful and comfortable, natural. The service was very helpful, accommodating and friendly. The grounds were beautiful. I felt so lucky to be there and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We stayed in April in Casa Mali with our friends. The villa is a perfect size for two couples and has everything you need. Isabella the concierge is attentive but not in your face so is around to help with trips and car hire and make sure you are all happy. The villa is very close to the beach which is beautiful. Santa Teresa is a surf village with a relaxed atmosphere - if you don't get Pura vida then don't go to Costa Rica - the roads are terrible and the electricity can be flaky but it was all part of the charm of going to the country. Everyone we met was really friendly. We were spoilt with the villa - we loved it and would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Batik in 2012 and have been dreaming about it since. Returning for our second visit in April 2017 we were delighted to see that everything was not only as good as we remembered, it was better.
It was a perfect vacation. The houses are beautiful, spacious and very clean. The location is great (on the beach, in a quiet area of town). The grounds/garden in stunning. The on-site yoga classes with Nancy were a wonderful surprise. The staff are all professional, helpful and friendly. Of note, Isabella, the concierge who will drop by to see you each day to help make your stay enjoyable. The cleaning staff were exceptional. Even the night guard was so sweet and took us to our took each night when we arrived back from dinner.
Without a doubt I would not hesitate to return. Cristina has created a beautiful piece of paradise.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family