“Amazing!!!!”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Pizza Tomate founded in 2001 is a family-owned and operated Italian/Mediterranean restaurant with its location 100 meters North of Santa Teresa Soccer Field/Public School in Costa Rica.The idea behind opening the restaurant came from our love of high quality food and Costa Rica. After much research, we selected gourmet quality items as well as the freshest and finest ingredients to all our menu dishes. We invite you to Pizza Tomate to sit and relax in our restaurant garden, read the morning paper and enjoy a good cup of coffee paired with one of our wonderful selection.see you soon...
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Great food !!!
Great service !!!
Delicious pizza !!!
Great atmosphere !!!
Highly recommended for lunch and dinner !!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Food was decent. Pizza is thin crust and good. Pasta was good but not wow. What I really didn't like was that they let lots of the neighborhood dogs wander in and pester the customers by sitting near your table and begging for food! The dogs often would crawl under the table and brush our legs to get our attention. The staff did not make much of an effort to get the pesky dogs out. I guess this place is great for dog lovers, but I prefer to eat my pizza without begging dogs pestering me to throw them some food. Not a good dining experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

The drinks were terrible. We ordered Mojitos and it tasted like water with lime. Had to ask for sugar because they forgot it?? The pizzas were tasteless and had canned vegetables. Not worth the money.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

I feel bad writing just an average review, but sadly when you can make pizza at home better than the restuarant, it's hard to rate highly. Also when coming from other Latin American countries, a $7 glass of wine and $7.50 for a cocktail tends to start the day off poorly. Maybe it's CR - significantly overpriced for the setting...Santa Teresa is a beach town, the most laid back I've seen in CR...not sure if surfer's can afford these coctail prices - but in fairness to Pizza Tomate, most of the prices here are similar. If you're going to offer thin crust pizza, it really needs to be cooked and crispy...unfortunately it wasn't.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Pizza was ok. But we waited nearly half an hour for our first drink and had to remind them and then by the time it finally came we had already received our food. Don't mind slow service but when your paying the amount they are charging for pizza and cocktails you'd expect something more.

The worst part of the entire experience was the Blonde Argentinian head waitress with long hair who served us. Her whole negative vibe just killed the vibe of the place and just seemed like she hated her job.

She asked us: How was everything?
Me: Not bad.
Her: Oh not bad?
Me: Yeah to be honest, we were kinda not happy we had to wait half an hour for a drink and that the food even arrived before our meals.
Her: Oh really? Well there is nothing I can really do about that. It's not my problem.

After she said this we were just quietly shocked thinking she was being sarcastic but she maintained this couldn't care less attitude so we asked for the check and left.

As I said earlier the food was ok but I'd rather spend my money elsewhere where the service is better and the waitstaff aren't miserable. There are many other cooler bars/ restaurants around this area offering more value for money and where you will actually have nice friendly people serving you like the "Bar Selina".

Date of visit: May 2018