Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Very nice hotel with excellent location / facilities. Across the street from the beach and 300 meters from the downtown area. Staff is very attentive to all your needs. Everyone is a concierge. Spacious rooms. ours was on 3rd floor overlooking the beach, Gorgeous view.

Room tip: Relatively small hotel (about 30 rooms). Reserve in advance
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eduardo E
Reviewed June 23, 2019

Of course we are all different so what's important to me is going to be different to what's important to you. That sums up the Liberata Hotel in lle Rousse. It's pricey yes, but what you're paying for are those little intangibles that some love, but others couldn't give a monkeys about.

Starting from when you first alight from your transport in the carpark you are confronted with a very impressive facade. If there are any shooting location managers reading this take note of this place for when the next Agatha Christie mystery set in Monaco or the Riviera comes up. It’s perfect for those red herring scenes, you know the type: Lord Snitchington on his balcony spying his debutant daughter in a passionate embrace with the hotel handyman in the garden.
In real life that scenario wouldn’t work because there doesn’t appear to be a man, handy or otherwise on the hotel payroll, it appears to be completely staffed by women. Either pretty little Mademoiselles tripping from table to table at breakfast time serving your every whim, or the slightly more mature matriarchs who patrol the reception area. One thing all ages had in common was their amusement at my attempts to speak French (North of England accent doesn’t help). The young ones just giggled, while the receptionists would just offer a benign smile and correct me or reply in English. Although one lady did ask me how many other French words I knew besides my room number (flippin’ cheek).

The facilities I’m unable to comment on as we used the hotel as a base not an amusement park. I don’t understand people moaning about the small unheated pool, lack of a bar/restaurant. Why do you want to spend any more time in your hotel than necessary when you are located in one of the best seaside resorts in Europe? Ile Rousse is an absolute gem.

We did eat in our room one night for the novelty and also the romance of sitting at our room window staring out over the Med. However, I have to agree with another reviewer who commented that they received a small microwaved TV dinner - so did we. I felt the hotel was punishing me for being so boring. There are so many different and excellent restaurants in the town there really is no excuse for eating in. We also considered using the spa and a massage, but at over 100 euros for a full body massage we decided against it.

So there you have it: a pricey but perfect hotel (or B&B if you like) in a perfect beachside location with perfect internal and external décor, spotlessly clean and lovely staff, but because it is also in a perfect resort, one you’re not meant to spend all day in. If that doesn’t make much sense – then the Liberata is not the establishment for you.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

My husband and I have just come back from a week's stay at the Hotel Liberata. We had a wonderful stay and would happily recommend the hotel. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and a big thank you to Amanda who greeted us on our first night and gave us a list of very good restaurants which we made good use of. The breakfast was perfect too. The venue of Lle Rousse was excellent. We hired a car and visited Calvi, Porto, Bastia, Porto Vecchio, Bonifaccio, St Floret and Corte as well as many smaller villages. If we return we will stay here without hesitation.

Room tip: 3rd floor with balcony
Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2018

This hotel is perfectly located, even better in person than what we saw initially online when we booked. Its a calm paradise, located in beautiful Corsica. Free high speed internet, nice hot tub, lovely spa, small but useful fitness room - very romantic hotel, its small with only 22 rooms, really intimate and perfect.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank Gingergoles
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful staff and a pretty outlook. Very close to the centre of Ile Rousse so great to walk in for an evening meal.

The Pasquale Paoli boules tournament was on the day we arrived - it's a serious affair and mad for a great atmosphere in the town

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin D