“Good hotel”
Review of Mitsis Grand Hotel

Mitsis Grand Hotel
Ranked #39 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 7 April 2012

good hotel on Rhodes city.
breakfast and dinner were very good-variety,tasty,..
rooms are big,options for pool/sea view
location is great,10 minutes walking to new city center,about 20 min walking to old city.
it is not 5 stars hotel for international standarts however it was good for our family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LALA_TLV

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed at the Grand for a fortnight in September / October 2011, my third consecutive stay there in the last three years. Intitially I was quite saddened that my room was only yards from the quite loud all inclusive bar, but when I asked if I could be moved higher away from the bar the staff were able to do this within two days.

Aside from this bad start, I wish to comment that any room I have stayed in has been very clean thanks to the ladies who ensure all is well, facilities have always worked well, staff have always been polite and helpful, bar staff ladies have been great, drinks staff in the restaurant have usually been quick and efficient, TV worked well and I love this hotel (despite the loud bar).

I have just booked a fortnight again this year and can't wait to get there. I have booked sea view for a change and all inclusive, so I will be in the all inclusive bar instead of looking down at it - which I am looking forward to. The staff at reception have always sorted out any small problem I encounter and I have total confidence in them to do so. This hotel in my opinion has been exceptional when I have stayed there and I hope to always be able to afford to stay there. I cannot fly direct to Rhodes, so it is expensive to travel via England, but I and my partner love staying there. The food selection and quality is great, especially as I mostly eat vegetarian foods so I welcome a varied choice which the Grand provides. I have asked for a high floor as recommended by other reviewers and will review my stay again in October. I'm sure it will be as good as before.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
14  Thank SmilerBelfast
Reviewed 27 January 2012

If you have paid for seaview rooms to get them you need to be on a high floor.

They seem to give the British crappy rooms.

The meals are quite hard work best to go to Chinese or Italian.

No entertainment in or outside hotel. If you go with childen or people who do not want to go out a t night can be a problem.

Room Tip: High Floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SUSANNORTHALLERTON
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have been reading some of the recent reviews for this Hotel, and would just like to say we have booked to go again for the seventh time. I would agree that the décor is looking tired, but the room sizes are better than most hotels we have stayed in. The fact that you have three restaurants to choose from is extremely good and at no extra charge.The buffet style main restaurant give a very large choice, and the grill section is always busy. The 2 female Chefs have always been very obliging. The girls on reception always seem to be distracted, but are extremely helpful when they get to you.The cleaning staff are extremely efficient, and we have no complaints. We like it.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
12  Thank michael-j-marchant
Reviewed 7 January 2012

First room we were given was by an A/C unit outside- complained and we were given top floor sea view rooms and free use of the safe. Travel company also refunded us for the hassle. However the new Rooms were perfect, great A/C, bathroom spotless, everything great- couldnt ask for a better view. Food delicious and varied every night- buffet. Went all inclusive so all drinks and breakfast/lunch/dinner included, all gorgeous. Slightly tired hotel- could see that ten years ago how spectacular it would have been, however everything was still perfect with two pools to choose from. Perfect positioning in Rhodes to see everything.

Room Tip: Top Floor fabulous.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank paulbird
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Certainly not 5 stars! The place is in need of refurbishment. Our room was large with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area, it was, however, tired. We booked with Thomas Cook and my mother celebrated her 70th birthday in Rhodes, but all we got from TC was some birthday wishes in among our paperwork. Poor. I'll also have a whinge about the outdoor pools being salt water - the Mediterranean is a hop skip and a jump away - if I wanted salt water...

The food is OK - buffet style with an option to dine in the Chinese or Italian restaurants. Getting a drink was a mission, as some other reviewers have commented, and not inexpensive. Gyros and chips. Lovely.

The staff were very friendly and I've no complaints whatsoever on that score. Our chambermaid was a mad old bird who greeted us in Greek every morning with insane enthusiasm. Yassoo! She was good company for Mum at times, who struggled with the heat. It can get extremely hot! Every other evening the DJ belted out some old favourites with an accented enthusiasm "Bye bye Miss American Pie...". You get the picture.

The hotel in 2011 catered to half board as well as all inclusive holiday makers (we were half board. We wanted bed and breakfast but this option was not available). I'm not going to rant on about all inclusive versus room only holidays, but bear in mind there are a mixture of guests some of whom like to tease by showing off their "free" ice cold draught beers at 10 in the morning. Schwinehunts!

You will have to pay extra for the in-room safe.... and cart the key around

Room Tip: If you can afford to, get a sea view - The Med and Turkish coast are stunning together
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Justin O
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We have have stayed with Mitsis Hotels all over the Greek Islands and have, to date, never been disappointed. We decided to spend my husbands 60th birthday at the Grand and what a great decision!!

The manager, Mr Petrakis, and all his staff went out of their way to make sure that our holiday was a memorable one. Our room, as requested, had an amazing sea view. It was comfortable and like the rest of the hotel, spotlessly clean. (a trait shared by all mitsis hotels)

The food was excellent, varied and plentiful - even at the end of service empty dishes were promptly replaced.

The all-inclusive bar offered a very good standard of drinks with a wide choice. Hello to Efi and Panayotis x 3 lol. The pianist who played in bar each night was entertaining and created a great ambiance.

Will return next year x

Room Tip: 4th floor - sea view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple