“Great food, peaceful setting”
Review of Le Gourmet

Le Gourmet
Ranked #28 of 110 Restaurants in Ialyssos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Gourmet is a family run restaurant since 1988.All our dishes consist of the freshest ingredients in the market,prepared with love for the art of cooking.Maria will wellcome you and help you experience the greek way of eating,small dishes or ''mezedes'' as the locals call them.A different and wonderful experience in a homelike and friendly enviroment,husband and wife Maria and George are there to wellcome you and offer you a pleasant evening and a enjoyable dinner.
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We were recommended to go to this restaurant and we went twice. There were many places along the seafront but this is tucked away in a side street and away from the busy road and general chaos of ixia. We enjoyed it so much that we went there twice. We took up Maria’s offer of eating the Greek way and we just said stop when we had had enough. She asked us first what we liked or didn’t like so if you hate fish she will bring all meat dishes. The second time we went we said what we had eaten the time before and she gave us different dishes. We had a carafe of the house wine which was very good too. If you like friendly service with a slightly more homely feel than the bigger restaurants then this is the one for you.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I discovered this restaurant early one morning while out walking. We decided to give it a go on our 4th night and I’m so glad we did! This was the best meal of our holiday, the food was authentically Greek. Unlike neighbouring restaurants that serve British food, Le Gourmet serves lovely Greek dishes. The owner Maria recommended we tried the meze dishes and we did so. We had baked egg plant, snails, feta cheese in a filo pastry, calamari and more. Maria was so attentive and friendly. I’m so glad we got some proper Greek food on our holiday.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous food and a beautiful restaurant. The best meal we had all holiday, every course just kept getting better and the homemade deserts were fantastic. Even the wine and my sons Ice cream was the best we had all week. So glad we found this place , would recommend to everyone.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and based on this plus the positive reviews on here, I was really excited for a cultural Greek experience.

The restaurant is off a side road in Ixia in a quiet area and it does inviting with its traditional Greek decor. You would no find it unless you were looking for it,

We were greeted relatively warmly by Maria’s daughter and asked if we wanted to sit in the smoking or non smoking area. I thought this was a pretty good offering .

Maria was friendly and offered to bring us a number of dishes. We politely declined as we were concerned there would too much food and we don’t like fish. We were presented with a small plate of bruschetta to share its olives. It looked nice but was very salty and oily . If it was free then fair enough but we later found this item on the bill .

The bread we ordered for starter was dry and not home made . The piece of bread which cheese and tomato was nice but the rest not good .

My main was chicken Souvlaki which was four small pieces of chicken on a skewer with peppers . It tasted nice enough but was nothing special and the meal was bulked up with boiled potatoes which were also salty. My partner had a lamb dish which tasted ok but the lamb was too well done for my liking and was Luke warm. I was looking forward to the Greek potato side which was described my Maria as coming in a tomato sauce but this was nowhere to be seen , just in oil with some red bits which may have been chilli flakes but I am not sure . Maria’s daughter brought out two extra side dishes saying they were on the house which was nice . The spinach rice was quite nice but the vegetables looked like they were either tinned or had been sat on the hob for days .

The half carafe of Rose wine we shared was nice and reasonably priced.

When our cash for the bill was collected, we were asked whether we wanted change to which my answer was yes . I am happy to tip when the food and service is good but we left feeling disappointed by the quality of the food which outweighed the service element .

Perhaps we ordered the wrong thing but the starter , mains and even the free small pastry that came at the end were not good so a,not convinced this is the case .

Sorry... maybe the restaurant should consider making the menu smaller to try and improve the quality .

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner decided to go here for a quiet dinner one night as we had seen promising reviews! The restaurant is located in a quiet street away from the touristy places and barkers along the main road.

Mrs Maria and her staff greeted us on arrival and explained their menu and set up. Lots of choice and the specials had a good variety as well.

We ordered the vine leaves and fried feta to start, both were delicious. The cheese was full of flavour and went well with the accompanying bread. For mains we decided upon the seafood pasta and the fresh fish fillet (mustard sauce was spot on!).

My only criticism would be that the veg for my dish was served 5/10 mins after everything else, with no mention. I assumed the dish didn't come with a side and so had started tucking in. Would have been better to have them served together.

After our food we were served complementary little sweets which were a nice touch!

Recommended for anyone who wants a quiet dinner and enjoys rich, flavoursome food.