“Excellent service and view”
Review of El Timon

El Timon
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Tremezzina
Price range: US$13 - US$56
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I had two fantastic pizzas at El Timons. Better than that was he friendly and comical service, the waiters could not do enough for us and had is laughing throughout the meal.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

We had seen this restaurant on our travel company's app & it said the pizzas were the best so, while visiting Tremezzo, we decided to give them a try for lunch. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter & he was happy to confirm his pizzas were the best. (Of course he would!). The pizzas were delicious, as was the wine. The service was great. A few days later, after visiting Villa Carlotta, we retuned for a quick drink before the ferry & the same waiter greeted us like old friends. Would have liked to have tried something other than pizza, as I'm sure it would have been very good, maybe next time! Would return & recommend.

Reviewed May 26, 2015

El Timon was a recommendation from our concierge; we were looking for someplace nearby, tasty, and quiet, that overlooked the lake. We had a nice beef carpaccio, yummy pizza, and a lovely bottle of wine. All were delicious and reasonably priced. It's a fun spot that locals seem to enjoy as well as visitors. I am looking forward to returning on my next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 22, 2014

Considering it is in the surrounds of some very expensive hotels, El Timon offers tasty Roman style thin crust pizzas at a good price. The house wine is tasty and well priced. I would certainly return.

Reviewed November 13, 2014

I decided to spend the day ferrying round Lake Como. Came to Tremezzo right at lunchtime and after wandering up and down past the lakeside restaurants, chose El Timon. I was on my own and looking forward to a peaceful lunch with a good book and lovely view and this was just the place. I had Tortellini su Fonduta di Parmigiano con Pancetta Croccante e Spinaci which is pasta with parmesan, bacon and spinach. It was a bit shy on the bacon and the spinach was cooked to stewed consistency so I wasn't too thrilled with that but otherwise tasty. Had a green salad with it. The location was lovely along the street fronting the lake. Good service and good value. I headed to Bellagio soon after and was so happy I'd chosen Tremezzo for a peaceful interlude. That is not to be found in the more popular Bellagio. It was also much cooler on the Tremezzo side of Lake Como!