3,461 results
All reviews pasta floating pool st moritz downstairs bar all inclusive deal coach holiday great holiday buffet style lido pool bernina express free boat cooked breakfast three star large hotel noddy train villa carlotta roof terrace
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

I was travelling alone with shearings and did debate if to upgrade room but after asking on here I decided to wait and see what was allocated (no lake view) so for €50 I upgraded I'm so glad I did worth every penny my room was 518 and was fabulous clean and spacious and amazing views
The food was also lovely always something to eat and the best pasta pitza and Ice cream.
I found the staff all very friendly
The Shearing drivers were great as were the included trips, I paid for the bernina train to St moritz it was fabulous experience would highly recommend, also the half day Lake cruise and trip to Lugano which were also worth doing I thought.
I can't think of the last time I didn't want to leave a holiday destination but I certainly didn't want to leave, met lots of lovely people, and will defo be returning.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
10  Thank martinegirl96
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Hotel has the feel of an old ocean liner about to hit the iceburg. We were on an all inclusive basis but they refuse to give doubles and insist on singles. Farcically everyone asks for two drinks at a time and get them (hello?)
Staff all looked as if they did not want to be there and a smile was rare.
Food was often cold and although breakfast was available from 6.30 hot food only after 8am which was not therefore possible if one was going on an excursion. Packed lunches were provided containing two rock hard rolls with slivers of ham and cheese and no butter.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Nobbhead123
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Location is second to none. Staff is very helpful friendly and professional. In the dead of season they are almost 100 % occupied. That speaks volumes!
There are 2 pools one of them infinity looking at the Bellagio the exclusive island across! Will come again in spring! Can’t wait!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lin2482013
Reviewed February 8, 2018

I have waited a while to resolve my one issue with this hotel before writing this review. The matter is now closed, so I feel I can write objectively, as I always try to.
We booked a Christmas break with Newmarket Holidays and paid in excess of £200 to upgrade to a lake view room. The room we were allocated on arrival had only a side view of the lake and was a little disappointing, but at least we could see the lake, so we accepted the situation. However, a couple of days into the stay we discovered that many couples had been offered an upgrade to a lake view room for only 50 Euros for the whole 5 night stay! We also discovered that they had been allocated full-facing lake view rooms. When we brought it up with the hotel we were told that they couldn’t move us because the hotel was full. I don’t think they understood my point. After returning to the UK I took the matter up with Newmarket, whose response was to give me a refund of £50 as a ‘gesture of goodwill’.
In all other respects, we enjoyed the holiday and thought it good value for what we considered to be a cheap break. I am a fan of Newmarket Holidays and would use them again, but they didn’t impress me at all with their response in this matter. Ifeel like our money was taken under false pretences but clearly they have a different view.
Apart from this episode, that left a bitter taste, the holiday was a nice experience. It was by no means a luxury trip. Everything about the holiday was a little below par, but it was enjoyable and the company was nice. A good place to go if budget is a prime consideration, although you’ll save a few bob by not booking the lake view in advance. A note for the hotel/Newmarket is that you should look carefully at the quality of the boat used to ferry us over to Bellagio and for the Christmas Day cruise. It was barely fit for purpose and everyone on board was frozen to the core. It was also highly unsuitable for some of the less mobile passengers among us. I don’t think we’d book this place again but it’s ok if you’re looking for cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: Not room 224 if you want a full view of the lake. Dont pay for a lakke view room until you get to the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TOM-C--LIVERPOOL
Reviewed February 8, 2018

I have been many times over many years and will always go back. The hotel is a nice mix of laid back but elegant – it feels special but not intimidatingly so.

The Britannia is in a wonderful position for both awe-inspiring views and as a base to explore the lake – there are regular buses between Colico & Como and a ferry stop right outside the hotel (personally, I think boat is the best way to experience the lake).

The hotel caters for lots of different nationalities and has a wide variety of food to choose from at every meal, you will definitely not go hungry. The fresh pizzas, pastas and salads are lovely!

It is a shame that some reviewers on here seem to have confused where the responsibilities of the hotel begin and end. So many of the complaints I’ve seen here are beyond the hotel’s control and should have been directed to their tour operator.

Although you will have a lovely holiday at the standard rate, I would recommend the upgrades as we found them to be really good value for all the extras you get. The upgrades really made the holiday amazing for us.

Can't wait to book my next stay!

Room Tip: Go for a lake view upgrade, it is well worth the money.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple