I've avoided writing this review because I know there are no words that will accurately describe how amazing this place is. It has made me reconsider every other "excellent" review I've ever given because Castello Banfi Il Borgo is now my new standard of excellence. From the moment the large wrought iron gate opens for your arrival, you feel like royalty. Then you are greeted with incredible personal service at check in as well as a hand written note and complimentary wine & treats in your room. We enjoyed the tour of the winery one day and spent a few hours in Montalcino, but we spent most of our time enjoying the Enoteca, Taverna Banfi (one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in - Alex is a great server!), the Reading Room and the pool area. My husband & I have never been so relaxed and blissful. We are already making arrangements to come back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 2 Deluxe Rooms and 12 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino