All reviewstuscan countrysidewonderful viewthe ground floorarcherviewscorridorroadsvillageterrace
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here after several nights at other locations around tuscany. Booked this hotel in a hurry and it was a terrible mistake. The ground around the hotel are lovely but the hotel itself is just a cheap budget hotel.
terrible decor, looks like it was untouched since the 80s. We got a room on the top floor, there is no light in the long hallway that goes to the room- feels like you are walking into a horror film!!
The room is outdated and really feels like a room in a budget hotel, the ceiling in the bathroom is peeling, bed was terribly uncomfortable, air conditioner barely working... Just bad.
The breakfast... Wow. You are brave if you would it that.... Weird orange scrambled eggs that look like they were made a week ago, there were flies all over the food, poor selection, dirty room and tables.

You can do soooo much better then this hotel in Tuscany.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed April 26, 2016

A very peaceful hotel, with a garden outside your hotel room, what is there not to like! Room very large, with easy chairs, good amount of wardrobe space, desk, TV and comfortable beds and very modern bathroom. Outside the room there was a seating area with loungers and table - ideal if you were there in the summer to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine and admire the view. I would rate the breakfasts (self service) as good with a selection of fruit, cakes, pastries, yoghurts, bread, juices, cheeses and cold meats. Ask for coffee from the bar when having your breakfast as it is included and is very good! We eat there in the evenings with our group on an Archers/Globus tour of Italy and the inclusive food was very average. On one occasion the group went to a wine and food tasting evening so we took up the hotels "special offer meal" which we were disappointed with and was poor value - not helped by the fact that there was a no menu (our mistake I guess for expecting there to be some sort of choice!). The inclusive wine was very rough (another couple also thought the same) and so we asked to see the wine menu - there was no wine menu! Was charged 25 euros (my mistake again as I should have asked the price) for a very average tasting wine. My tip would be to just ask for pasta and save yourself a fortune by avoiding the "special deal"! Service in the dining room very average as insufficient staff (possibly to do with the early time of year) - although a special mention goes to Marina who was particularly welcoming and friendly.

I found the room very hot and was disappointed at been unable to turn the fan storage heater off completely and also found that I could hear the fan at night and from the heaters in corridor outside our room - I am a light sleeper you see! I have to say we were also disturbed by a group of youngsters staying at the hotel on our second night there although they soon got the message from fellow travellers that they were not to be noisy the next night or there would be trouble and you wouldn't mess with the Aussie ladies in our group I can assure you! A pity the management hadn't foreseen problems with a group of teenagers before taking their booking and put them in rooms a bit more on their own and out of the way!

I am sorry that this sounds such a negative review but I wanted to give a full account so other visitors would get an honest picture!

Older guests or those with motability problems would struggle with the fact that the coach could not get up the steep drive and so you have to walk up the fairly longish drive to reach the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Arriving here from Rome with a coach party, we were so happy with the view, it was like home.
The hotel was very comfortable but the food wasn't the best!
I seriously suggest a new pathway up from the road should be made, we found the accessibility was very hard.
It was a good start to our tour of Italy.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2015

After reading other reviews we were dreading being at this hotel for 4 nights with a cosmos tour. Fortunately there had been a new chef appointed. The food was good and typical Italian but that was why we visited Italy!!? The hotel was very good along with the staff. The pool was a must after traveling all day and the heat. The views of the Tuscan hills was breath taking. A car would be necessary if you want to visit other places.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank s-team09
Reviewed July 24, 2015

Well, about all comments I read on tripadvisor on this hotel are true! The rooms are clean, nice and big enough. The airco did function (we had 36°C outdoors); the pool indoor and outdoor is great! So a very good base for a perfect holiday :)
The breakfast is good, a lot of choice...when you eat early. The bread is cut at 7h30, so when you come at 8h, the bread is hard :(. The waitress serving breakfast is not very friendly, her first reaction when we asked for some more eggs or choco pasta is that there is no more.
Eating in the evening can be very entertaining. There is a lack of organisation from planning to cooking to serving! In 7 days, 2 times the proposed choices (you can choose between 3 dishes) ran out, so the waitress had to come back to ask us to choose something else. The food itself was most of the time of a decent quality. However, almost every evening we saw dishes return to the kitchen because not baked or cooked properly. And the service at the table...2 ladies serving the food did a great job (always friendly and trying to make up the mistakes of their colleagues), the other waiters lack experience (they forget to serve dishes, oil & salt, go back empty handed in stead of cleaning off the table, etc.).

We experienced these problems every time when to many people were eating. So I recommend not to eat in the restaurant when they expect large groups (we sometime were with +/-40 people and sometimes with about 200). There is a pizzeria at a 5 minutes drive and Casole d'Elsa with a lot of fine restaurants at 15 min. drive.

Room Tip: If you like to have a garden, ask for a room downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family