“Exceptional Cooking/ Dining Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Maryam L
“Exceptional Cooking/ Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Once in a lifetime cooking and dining experience! My mother in law and myself did the private cooking class with Veronica. Her daughter, Margherita was so helpful in our planning process. She was such a big help in making this experience a reality for us! Such kind, warm, and gracious hosts. Not to mention some of the best food we have ever eaten in all our lives. We were sent home with the happiest of hearts and recipes that we will enjoy for a lifetime. This experience is a must!
We can not say or thank them enough for such a life changing day!

Grazie Mile!!!!

mcmorong2...
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Relaxation in the Tuscan countryside”
Reviewed November 5, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay La Quercia, which is located near the town of Impruneta. This 17th century Villa has sweeping views of the rolling Tuscan countryside and is a close ride to Florence either by car or bus. The town offers a number of restaurants, ranging from very good pizza/local fare to fine dining.

Margherita and Veronica are incredible hostesses and ensured that our stay was an incredible experience. Margherita was in constant contact before the trip and pre-stocked the refrigerator as well as organizing private tours for us in Florence.

I would highly recommend the Villa to those looking for a family/group retreat as there are a number of en-suite bedrooms as well as indoor/outdoor relaxing areas. Try the La Quercia wine and olive oil from the local vineyard.

252SamB
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Picturesque Villa in Tuscany!”
Reviewed April 26, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Our family of 8 (4 couples) had an amazing week at La Quercia. The property is beautiful, each bedroom comfortable, and we enjoyed walking in the vineyards and olive groves behind the house. It was even warm enough to enjoy the pool one day in mid-April. Very quiet and private location, but only a 2 minute drive / 20 minute walk into town. We enjoyed several dinners at La Loggettina restaurant on the main square in Impruneta, other nights we shopped at the Coop and cooked in the fabulous kitchen at the villa. Veronica and Margherita were great to communicate with, quick to respond to questions, and helped with restaurant reservations in Florence. We also loved Veronica's cooking class on our last evening. Great location for day trips we took to Florence, Siena, Chianti, Pisa, Volterra. A perfect vacation and would be happy to return one day.

Moniciao
“Can't stop thinking about our trip at this beautiful villa!”
Reviewed August 10, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My family of 9 stayed here in April 2015. We arrived Easter weekend late at night and was met with smiles and genuine warmth. We had 3 children who were tired, hungry and cranky and our hosts actually drove us to a restaurant and made sure that we had what we needed! Thank you so much for going beyond what we expected. The villa is gorgeous, clean, and comfortable. It is beautifully appointed and We loved cooking in the kitchen and the amazing Easter lunch that our hosts prepared. I have been craving the lemon risotto and after a year, they kindly responded to my email requesting the recipe. Since we were there in April, we did not get use the pool. We cannot wait to return! The outside is amazing. Our children romped through the gorgeous grounds as we dined outside on the lovely patio. This villa stole my heart and I cannot wait to return! Thank you for an extraordinary family vacation that none of us will forget. And I apologize for the very late review!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Rubyrater
“Just like you see in magazines”
Reviewed July 20, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This villa was one of the best parts of our trip to Italy. The pool was absolutely perfect. Each window in the villa had a view of vineyards, olive trees and hills.
I am a picky sleeper and I slept like a baby in their bed. It was not too soft or too hard.
It is true that electricity in Italy is expensive and even having used lights sparingly, ran fans only at night, and only ran the washer once for a short cycle, our electricity bill was 200 euros. We knew about the high cost of electricity in Italy, however, before we rented and Margarita reminded us when we arrived.
The villa, at this time, has no AC. We were there when it was in the 90's and humid. I was concerned about the villa being too hot. It turns out, though, that the really thick walls and shutters do a great job of keeping the place cool. We would close everything up when we left to see many of the nearby cities, then when we returned, usually around 6pm, we would open everything up. By the time we went to bed it was very comfortable.
Veronica, the owner, said they may be putting AC in next year. My advice would be to not use it. I cannot imagine how much the electric bill would be if you did. My experience is that you will be fine without it anyway.
They do offer wifi, but it stopped working after a couple days. The owners were apologetic and we knew that they were doing their best to get it working again. Luckily, we had a hot spot with us so we managed.
The driveway is very steep. There are signs posted telling you to go slow, but you will figure that out for yourself pretty quickly. I was always worried that someone might be coming the opposite way when we were using it. I don't know what we would have done then, as there really wasn't any shoulder. Luckily, that never happened. The driveway does need some work as there were at least two areas above the water pipes that were really rough. One jarred are car so much it caused our ABS to turn on.
(While we are talking about driving, I would definitely recommend renting the smallest car you can. It seemed as though none of the village roads really had room for two cars; probably why all the locals drive small cars.)
My only complaint really doesn't have much to do with the villa other than it's proximity to very loud, obnoxious barking dogs. Every night they would start and it was constant. At first it only seemed to bother me, but the the end of the week, we were all sick of those dogs!
Again, staying here in this lovely, ancient villa was something I will never forget. Loved it.
**I didn't book the villa, my husband did, so I am leaving those options as NA in the ratings.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the pool
Liked least: the dogs next door
Friends getaway
Management Response
21 Jul 2016
Dear Ruby,

thank you very much for choosing Villa La Quercia for your family vacation this Summer; it was lovely meeting you, and I hope our paths will cross again in the future.

Unfortunately, the dirt road that leads to the property cannot be paved; it needs to be kept as such, because there are fields surrounding it, and when they have to be ploughed, the caterpillar needs to cross it.

The road channels are to prevent water floods during the winter rains so they need to be somehow deep, but a slow and gentle drive makes it easy passing over them even for the lowest car.

Regarding the AC, we are planning to install it in the near future. It will have sensors that will turn it off automatically every time a window is opened, this to ensure no waste of electricity, so the cost by the end of the week, will be roughly the same as the actual one.

I am sorry about the barks in the hill; the dog does not belong to us, and unfortunately I do not know the owner either.
It may be mistreated or kept on a leash; I will make a research, and ask around and see what I can do.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay, I really appreciated it.

With kind regards,

Margherita
Marketing & Sales Director at La Quercia Estate
AMF826
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed May 4, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We stayed at La Quericia Estate in the cottage for 3 nights. On the first day we took a market tour and cooking class with Veronica Clemente, the owner. It was such a wonderful experience to meet this amazing woman and learn about her life and cooking style. She was beyond generous with her time and her attention. The market tour was amazing, filled with gorgeous produce, cheese and meats. We sampled some local specialties as we walked a took it all in. Back at the villa, the cooking class was amazing...relaxed and so very special. The food was out of this world. Staying in the cottage was wonderful, the home was impeccably clean and Veronica and her daughter, Margherita went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and at home. The grounds are breathtaking. There is a pool for the cottage (as well as for the main house), but we didn't use it as it was a bit cold so early in the season. This place is an amazing location in which to stay if you want to see the area. We did day trips to Lucca, Pisa and Assisi, all very accessible. Driving is fine as long as you are confident on back roads and have a GPS. We did not walk to town (Impruneta) as we had an elderly relative. The walk is not something (in my opinion) you'd want to have to do every day (i.e. if you plan on bussing it to Florence). It's quite hilly. A car is advised, or I am sure the owners could arrange transportation for a fee.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Market tour/cooking class and meeting Veronica and her daughter
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
peterh588...
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
“Quintessential Tuscany”
Reviewed July 16, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

On a recommendation from close friends we booked a week's stay at Villa La Quercia in Tuscany. They raved about the villa and its location and we were not disappointed. the villa has 4 bedrooms, each with its own bath. The kitchen is great as are the living and dining room. The patios are perfect for outdoor meals and the pool is great. The villa is situated in the middle of a vineyard and the views out each window are amazing. The villa is located in Impruneta which has several excellent restaurants and bars and a nice square. Access by car is easy to major cities like Florence, Lucca, and Siena. An added bonus was the help provided by the owners in making reservations for wine tours, restaurants in various cities, and museums.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: how comfortable we were in the villa
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing