“Not impressed, will not be recommending it”

and 1 more site!
Gold Coast Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dungarvan
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed in the Gold Coast Hotel in Dungarvan from Friday 4th to Monday 7th June 2010, (the June Bank Holiday Weekend),
myself and 6 sisters were on a weekend away; we had 3 rooms in total booked, 2 doubles and 1 family room.
The following are the complaints that we have following this stay,
The bins in none of the bathrooms were emptied on any of the days that we stayed.
When we arrived back on Sunday evening after being out all day we found that 2 of the 3 rooms were not locked with 1 of them not even latched.
Sunday and Monday morning our breakfast orders were mixed up(not by the young waitress who could not apologise enough and sorted the mix up out very professionally).
And to cap it all off the noise on Sunday night was totally unacceptable, the noise was still going on at 4.30 in the function room,(which was directly under all 3 rooms that we had) with quite a lot of people fighting, the guards arrived shortly after this. When we complained on Monday morning the man at reception said that they had to take the business when they could, and was not a bit apologetic at first, he did a bit of a u-turn shortly after.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank janiebaby1234

Reviewed 17 December 2009

We recently attended a wedding at the Gold Coast with up to 60 members of family. We found our rooms clean and comfortable. The food served at the wedding was piping hot, beautifully cooked and served quickly. We also had lunch there on the Sunday afternoon and again the food was very good. The hotel itself needs updating and I would suggest some extra blankets / duvets be placed onthe beds as the heating in our particular bedroom was hit and miss. Overall we really enjoyed the weekend and would certainly visit again.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Visited the Gold Coast for food one night. Having been ignored for some minutes while waiting at the bar to order, I eventually got a girl to take my order. However, midway through taking my order she walked off, without a word to me, to provide a "change service" to what I can only assume was one of the regular golfing customers. Ended up ordering from a different waiter as she never came back to me nor apologised for just leaving me standing there mid-order. When our dinners arrived, though looking very appetising, they were, at best, warm - I can only imagine that they would have been quite tasty if hot. When I went up to pay, rude girl served me (while carrying on a conversation with someone else) and never said "thanks" "good luck" or even "goodbye". Will never eat there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed at the Gold Coast hotel with my husband and 3year old for one night. In general, the decor was shabby and dated and the hotel generally had an air of being badly maintained. The ceiling in our bathroom was peeling and mouldy and peeling paint seemed to be a feature of many of the corridors. The carpets were frayed and worn in places. The water in the toddler pool was absolutely freezing. I was told it was 29deg C, but if felt much colder. The only redeeming feature of the hotel was the spectacular view of the harbour from the restuarant, unfortuantely however, the food was not in the same league. While there, I took my son to the Clonea Strand to use the indoor Play Loft as the weather was terrible. I thought the Clonea was even more awful that the Gold Coast and was glad we hadn't stayed there. However, I have to say that my son loved the Play Loft.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I stayed in a Villa at the Gold Coast Golf Resort. This property was an ideal choice for an extended family holiday. A very comfortable, roomy and well equipped villa. Lots of space inside and well distanced from neighbouring villas. The welcome and facilities at the hotel were also excellent and we enjoyed the pool and some fine entertainment in the hotel bar. We also enjoyed the use of the facilities at the Clonea Strand Hotel. We are planning a return visit over the Easter Holidays and the kids are really looking forward to returning to Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2009

We stayed in the Gold Coast on 26th December 2008 after a wedding and I'm sorry I did not complain at the time. The rooms were a disgrace, the beds were damp well not damp but wet, the cold in the bedrooms was unbearable and the bathrom was like an ice box. The was a musty smell in the rooms and breakfast left a lot to be desired. It was served on a side plate and tasted like it was cooked with a week. The hotel needs a good revamp. The food for the wedding was very good and everything was served hot.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank TravellerWaterford
Reviewed 19 August 2008

#27 St. Andrews - Everything we needed, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, view of the bay, clean, quite. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank EdM_55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungarvan
3.8 km away
24.3 km away
Walter Raleigh Hotel
Walter Raleigh Hotel
#1 of 7 in Youghal

Been to Gold Coast Golf Resort? Share your experiences!