“Pit Stop”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Dungarvan
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Popped in for a cuppa and cake. Service a tad slow but coffee and cake were lovely, nice to be able to help ourselves to tap water.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited here with family on Sunday morning, Wasn't that busy, The person that took our order wasn't the most pleasant and this would be an understatement! Looks like she loves her job!and we should of left then.Took our order with a pen while wearing the same gloves she was making a sandwich with. Thought she should of removed her gloves to do this,wasn't the most hygienic. Got burnt sausages and burnt toast with the full breakfast. Certainly wasn't going to complain.No beans, mushrooms or hash browns, wouldn't be in the same league as Ormonds across the way.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Owen M
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Cakes to die for! Super sandwiches, breakfasts and light meals. Nice environment and small seating area outside.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Frequent visitor of this cafe as is it is in my local town, I have been going from the start and I just have to say that in recent months it has went rapidly downhill. The owner must not be interested anymore as it is appalling , food is been microwaved (which you can see), place is covered in flies constantly landing in coffees!! It used to be my favourite cafe to go to but I'd much rather sit in one of the other places on the square now as even the customer service isn't what it used to be. Needs a good shape up if you ask me.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank johndelaney82
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

Got in at about 11am for a late family breakfast, ordered and paid. 2 mins later were told there's no eggs left so to choose an extra sausage or bacon. Now I'm usually pretty amenable but to be told my options and not apologised to is, in my opinion, damn rude.

At €9 for my "full Irish" the price was alright but this is one place that "full" doesn't mean full. Don't expect any mushrooms, beans, hash browns or anything extra... it's as pictured by a previous reviewer on a plate just big enough for my 7 year old.

It's mostly tasteless generic low quality food that's pre or part cooked then reheated.

It would have been 2 stars if they hadn't have run out of eggs but the lack of apology from the foreign staff was unforgivable.

I know the margin on this type of food is really good so if your not going to invest in better quality produce then at least spend a little and train your staff.

Date of visit: April 2018