“Wow! Portion Sizes!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Beware! Their portion sizes are huge! Good quality food at very reasonable prices. The food is not glamorous nor exotic, but it is good. You definitely get what you paid for and then some!
We ordered the seafood rice to start and shared the cod fish (two different ways and octopus). All delicious! The octopus was quite tender and juicy..
Will definitely go back if and when I am in Miranda Douro.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

We ate in the restaurant after taking the boat trip. The pulpo or grilled octopus was the best we have ever eaten, very moist and tasty. The servings here are extremely large and the service was wonderful. Great value and wonderful atmosphere too.

Reviewed September 7, 2015

As our hotel didn't serve Sunday supper we were forced to seek nearby. We sat outside in the smoke, and had beers, a gigantic tosta mista and a wonderful 'salada de polvo' which I would call 'pulpo gallego'
It was cheap and filled our bellies. Returning the next day for lunch we got a seat inside the restaurant section. I had a decent hamburger & chips and my wife the barbecued chicken, which was a generous & tasty portion. Again, nothing fancy, just economical comfort food.

1  Thank STEPHEN W
Reviewed July 13, 2015

I have been to just about every restaurant on this list, I must say the food available is of high quality in most of these restaurants. For me the one that stands out to me the most is Jordao. For me it was the total package, food was amazing, nice ambiance and very good staff. The portions r rediculously huge for the price paid, this for me is my favourite part. Would go back again and again . :)

1  Thank andre p
Reviewed January 22, 2015

Nice place to have a good typical local portuguese meal for a fair price.

The staff is really helpful, and are always available to help.

Nice comfortable place.

A good choice, when in Miranda do Douro.