“Beautiful paddle to the heart of Douro”
Review of Douro Pula Canhada

Douro Pula Canhada
More attraction details
Owner description: We promote the natural and cultural-historical heritage of the Natural Park of Douro International. We develop activities, activity programs, and themed weekends where emotion transposes the expectations of tourists and businesses.We meet the leisure and the well-being in harmony with the regional flora and fauna, enhancing contact with the countryside, with the people, cuisine and traditions.
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Fabulous views which change with every twist and turn of the river - calm waters, craggy rocks, and soaring birds. Blissful paddle 14k round trip - not another soul in sight. It's worth getting in your kayak whatever the distance you do. Unmissable.

2  Thank Hazel P

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I would say it was the highlight of my stay in Miranda as well. I began the kayak tour alone with Pedro at 8:30 in the morning and enjoyed the trip unti 1pm. The wilness of the douro is impressive. Pedro schew me a lot of birds like egypsian vautour and also different plants that make the diversity and the interest of the international natufal parc. But I had also the oportunity to discuss about different subjects. I felt the moment like a tour with a friend. I recommend the tour definitely.

1  Thank neurope2015
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Is got everything I ever want - unspoilt nature, off the beaten track, a chance to do some proper kayaking, and a fantasticly charming guide with an encyclopedic knowledge of birds and local history. If you like being on a package tour then the diesel chugging cruise and non native captive bird show (next door) might be for you, but if you want to do something truly memorable then get in a kayak and head to parts of the river seen by fewer than a dozen people each year.

2  Thank Nicholas B
Reviewed May 22, 2016

We just returned from Spain and Portugal and our hike with Pedro was one of the highlights of our 3 weeks in Europe. I cannot give out enough superlatives on Pedro who runs this group. He speaks perfect English, is exceedingly knowledgeable about the area, tailors the trip to his group (my wife and I), and is just a SUPERB host. If you want an outdoor experience you will always remember get involved with Pedro he is just terrific. He will build a trip to what you are looking for. The Miranda area and Duoro River are gorgeous and should be experienced in an outdoor setting. You won't be sorry that you used this guide service.

2  Thank bruggesfc