See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here as I was working a lowlands festival. Didn't expect much, but the staff were amazing. So very accommodating. From the man at breakfast going out of his way cos he knew I liked black tea, to the dinner staff accommodating our odd requests. All with a smile. We looked forward to returning here to such warm hospitality, timo was great as we're all the staff. They always welcomed us back after our long days with big smiles.

The rooms were fine and clean, everything you need, inc free wifi. the beds a little too soft if I'm picky. The bathrooms were great. Food was also delicious.

I've stayed in many five star hotels with my job, and the warm friendly homely service rivalled them ( ok its not silver service but you know what i mean) and made any other shortcomings, such as no restaurant after 9pm, really not a biggie.

Note if you are disabled the lift only goes to the first floor.

Per booked taxis to and from lowlands amazingly only charge 5euros per person!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just came home after a very special weekend at Hotel Restaurant Allure. We had a beautifull, tidy and clean room, with a view over the lake. The people at the hotel gave us a very warm and friendly welcome, making us feel at home instantly. The hotel is in walking distance of the Dolfinarium. The restaurant was excellent, very good food for a very reasonable price, for dessert we recommend the homemade "kletskoppen met ijs". The hotel is located just outside the city center of Harderwijk, which has some very nice shops and bars, there is also a casino for those who enjoy that. The hotel also has a very nice terrace with heaters, so you can enjoy your drinks outside even at night. The breakfast buffet was excellent aswell, with a lot of choice and fresh products. Close to Hotel Allure you will also find "De Zwaluwhoeve" a large spa for full relaxation.

The people at Hotel Restaurant Allure really made us feel special and everything at the hotel is of the highest quality, thank you so much for a great weekend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed for one night over the weekend, whilst returning from the TT in Assen. Booked a twin room through a broker, but arrived to find we were booked into a double. 20 minutes later, the futon/sofabed was made up by the helpful owner. The room was well equipped, very comfortable and with a great view of the seafront. The bathroom was first class, with complementary shampoos etc and fluffy white towels. We didnt use the restaurant, so I cant comment on this. The hotel also provide a voucher for free parking.
I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel and will probably book for next year as Harderwijk is a great little town.

Room Tip: The above review was based on room 1004.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a find!
Although rated as a 3star hotel this place is so much better than most 3 star hotels I have stayed at.

I stayed in the deluxe room which was really spacious and well decorated. The double bed was big and comfortable, nice duvet and plenty enough pillows. Coffee, tea and water from the fridge are included in the room fee, a nice touch. Flat screen tv, room climate controlle that worked really well and was very silent so you can warm up or cool down your room during the night without any noise.

Bathroom was big, clean and modern and had two large (blinded) windows so it was nice and bright. I was really impressed with the batroom, a lot of (3star) hotels have tiny bathrooms.
Free wifi and free parking (in front of the hotel).

Breakfast was what it should be, bread, buns, croissants, fresh orange juice and such.
The hotel is situated on the boulevard, in the summer it will be busy there adding to the atmosphere. You can hear the occasional shout from people leaving a pup or so but you will not be able to find a hotel in Harderwijk where you won’t hear people because Harderwijk is a small town with a lot of (nice) restaurants, pups and clubs. So this is not a negative for the hotel but it helps knowing this before you book a hotel within the town.

Staff where really nice and made you feel very welcome, it is obvious they take pride in their hotel and want guests to feel welcome and comfortable.

My pictures do not do the place much justice as I made the pictures after sleeping in the bed and ‘messing up’ the room but I did want to post them so you can see that the pictures provided by the hotel are in fact what you will find when booking a room. It’s not like they only post the pretty rooms, all of the rooms are modern and nicely decorated.

All in all, if you want to spend a night in Harderwijk I would advise to stay here. You can probably find another hotel which will be slightly cheaper but the best buy is Allure!

Room Tip: Look at the pictures/description on the hotel website they are accurate and you will be able to decide wich room you want from the info on the site.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyAmsterdam
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel! Better than most 4 star hotels in holland. Nice room with comfortable beds, great bathroom with bath tub and seperate rain shower ( deluxe room). Staff is friendly and helpful.
We also had dinner in the restaurant. The restaurant is cosy. Food is good. You can also have dinner on the terrace with view on the veluwemeer. In just 2 minutes walk you reach the city center. The hotel offers free parking.

• Stayed: July 2012