“Nice little hotel for a stop over”

Hotel Allure Lounge and Dinner
Ranked #2 of 4 Harderwijk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2017

WEnt whilst we visited friends, hotel staff very friendly, they warned us about the dutch stairs which were very steep, there is a lift, Room comfortable quite large, nice bathroom, very comfortable bed. Tea and coffee making in the room. Breakfast was nice with fruit, yogurt, pasties, bread, jams, boiled eggs and cereal, would stay again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Charming hotel at the waterfront , offering marvelous views and disposing of a friendly service.

The rooms are comfortable and I appreciated the friendly service at the breakfast

To recommend for travelers who want to explore this part of Holland

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I booked this hotel because of its beach-side location and I loved watching the sunset on the water as I ate. My en-suite room was spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean and air conditioned. The food was freshly made and delicious, breakfast offered an excellent choice. The outstanding feature of this hotel, however, is the staff. The email communications before my visit were quick, efficient and friendly, but when I arrived, the warmth of the welcome, personal attention and helpfulness of all the staff really impressed me. They were all well briefed about my need for gluten free food and Desi had been out to buy gluten free bread and crackers for me. She even set up a separate toaster each morning. I've never had this level of service before in a hotel. Timo was a great host and took time to show me round my room and make sure I had everything I needed. The two other waitresses were equally friendly and helpful. The worst thing I can say about this hotel is that it would have been good to have a second waste bin in the bedroom, as I had to walk into the bathroom to throw my rubbish away. Lovedit!

Room Tip: If you are at all unsteady on your feet, ask for a first floor room, as the lift only goes that far.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stopped here overnight on route north. The staff were really friendly and helpful despite the fact we speak no dutch. We stayed in a family room. We were pleased that the sofa bed for our two children was very large with plenty of space for them to sleep. The family room was a good size and was very clean. The bathroom was very very good with a lovely modern shower and decent bath. The views were beautiful. We also ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. The only complaint was that when we stayed it poured with rain constantly. The location of the hotel is great and had we had better weather it would have been great to explore a bit more. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

we didn't stayed in the hotel but drank in the hotel cafe house.
service is very bad i order mint tea, after 15 min got a glass full with hot water.
15 min later i asked can i get the tea too? yes i will bring it sorry said the witter .
10 min later when nothing happen i gave up and returned the mild water glass back

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Our hotel room at Hotel Allure was quite nice. The room was simply decorated with carpeted floors and nice built in cabinetry. As comfortable as the linens were, both my boyfriend and I had a hard time sleeping. The bed was smaller than we are used to and the crack between the two beds made it hard to cuddle. The pillows were also too bulky for our liking or perhaps it was the sea lion conversations we are hearing from the Dolphinarium. They are amusing and didnt annoy me so I am not blaming my insomnia on the sea lion singing, I just wanted to point out it isnt the quietest hotel.
The ceilings have slanted angles to allow for a large window that opened up for a view of the ocean and waterfront plaza. The sunsets were fantasticly pink and the whisps of clouds interjected highly saturated hues across the sky all three nights we were staying there. In the beggining of July the colored sky lingered and turned to dark around 10:45. There are black out curtains to make it dark earlier. We were in room 2007 on the top floor. The steps to get there were kinda scary. The tred of the step must have been about 9 inches deep. Without an elevator this is a bit precarious for older folks or partiers.
The bathroom was emaculatly clean with a large tub and separate shower with a large round rain style shower head. The deep tub fills from the center and has slanted sides at both ends to allow comfortably for a bath for two.
The wifi was excellent. No passwords to deal with. The Netherlands also supports netflix so that was a little bonus for me.
The staff was very on top of things. My boyfriend has stayed there before and the woman who cooks and serves breakfast remembered him and had a lovely warm personality.
I would definitely stay here again, just next time maybe I will bring some ear plugs.
Bikes, parking, coffee and water are provided free of charge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while working at the Lowlands Festival. I was incredibly impressed with every aspect. Really comfortable bedrooms with sparkling like new bathrooms. In room they had free WIFI, tea/coffee making facilities and a cable television. The hotel has one restaurant/bar that serves delicious home cooked food. Two things prudent to mention 1) the staff are amazing. They are polite, friendly and genuinely welcoming. 2) the hotel has the steepest, shallowest steps up to the guestrooms I have ever seen. Thankfully there is a lift to the first floor for the less abled, but anyone old or infirm should avoid a room on the second floor.

Room Tip: take note of my comments regarding the stairs and access...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business