“Quietly efficient and very tasty”
Review of Kostas Fish Bar

Kostas Fish Bar
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Matlock Bath
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Kostas Fish Bar
Reviewed January 31, 2018

Working visit mid-January. We were pricing up the budget as the main front of house decided to give us a gentle welcome into his quite empty chip shop at that time. We fortunately found some excellent seating with adequate spaces around to the rear, the main guy being very helpful and helped to carry in a walker belonging to one of our service users. Toilet was located close by. Food delivered hot,fresh and promptly.
This establishment was very understanding and helpful, lovely fish and chips, good selection of canned drinks at reasonable prices. Recommend!

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Out of all the fish and chip shops in matlock bath this one always seems to be every ones favourite , ALWAYS BUSY any time of the year , sit inside or outside with the tables provided.
The chips and fish are the best which are top quality , if you are in the area please give it a try !

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I was at this very plaice (ho ho) in the summer to find they had no cod and again today, anyway, had the haddock which was nice enough, and the staff are lovely too, just don’t come here in expecting cod!

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We stopped at Matlock Bath for the day before the Illuminations, got a bit peckish and popped in here for Fish and Chips. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw how big the fish was... it was twice the size of the tray! It was cooked beautifully with a light batter and the fish just flaked apart and tastes fresh and salty. I couldn't finish it all (I tried).

It is by far the best fish I have ever had in my life and I can't wait to go back (when I am very hungry, not just peckish!) I would recommend this chippy to everyone!

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We were staying for the weekend and after having a late lunch decided we would go with fish and chips for supper. Really good, nice quality fish and crispy batter. Generous portions, and friendly staff.