All reviewsthe pubmuddy bootspretty villagelovely villagean evening mealsingle roomsunday roastdog treatsspacious bathroomexcellent value for moneyreal aleenjoyable stayfish and chipsnext morningyorkshire woldsduck pondcar park
Reviewed February 7, 2018

We stayed at the Green Dragon on a recent visit to Yorkshire. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and efficient. Checking in was fast and easy and the rooms were modern, clean and homely. Food was mostly very good with friendly and knowledgeable service. Mikey behind the bar and Becky in the restaurant were particularly good.
I would recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
GreenDragonWelton, Manager at Green Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Hi LondonWizard

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit here with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

Want to say thank you to the staff at the Green Dragon who made our stay this weekend so special. They were polite, kind and attentive. From the moment we checked in to our departure on Sunday morning, they were welcoming, friendly and I just cant say enough good things about them. Superb service on Friday night from Alex, the same can be said for Becky and Mike who served us on Saturday evening. All of them were superb. In addition, special mention to Sue the housekeeper, the rooms were immaculate to walk into, really comfy beds with Hotel Egyptian Cotton! It makes the difference!!!! Well done to all, absolutely fabulous and we are already planning a return weekend for the rugby next season! Thanks all

Room Tip: Would recommend them all
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Paula,

Our team will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay, and that their hard work pays off!, I will be sure to pass your comments on to our head housekeeper sue and her team.
Hope you get the results you want with the rugby :) and look forward to your next visit here with us at the Green Dragon

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Just had lunch at this beautiful pub/hotel, the staff were fantastic, the two girls behind the bar Amy and Yasmine were so nice and friendly. The food is 100% delicious, thank you to Neil and Leon for your amazing cooking and presentation skills. I would definitely recommend this lovely place, stacked with lots of history about the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin and how he was arrested in this pub back in the 18th Century.
It’s sat in a lovely village hamlet in Welton. You can not just drive past!!!!!
Excellent value for money, get yourselves there. Xx

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Amanda F,

100% - That's what we aim for! :) I'm happy to hear you enjoed your visit here with us at the green dragon! I will be sure to pass your comments onto the staff!

Next time your in, why not have a little read of one of our history books on Dick Turpin himself! A really good read! Also quote #freedrinkgreendragon and get a free drink on us!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a 2 night stay here. What a gem...the room was superb the en-suite was fantastic and the food was first class. The staff were great and it's one of the only places I have ever stayed in that I could say was faultless.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
GreenDragonWelton, General Manager at Green Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Hi Yorkshirebhoy,

Well reviews don't come much better then that!! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to the team.

We hope to see again very soon!!

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

I once rated this pub as 1 out of 5. So pleased to now be rating it 5.

The manager just "gets it". Fabulous, attentive customer service, lovely food, fab with children and dogs as well as room for those who would rather not be around either.

I'm very lucky to live so close to this great place to eat and drink. And in a beautiful setting too.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hi HullHolgirl,

WOW!! now that is what we like to hear!! The team here have worked so hard to get the green dragon the way it is! And to hear feedback like this really makes it all worth while! I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team!

As a way of saying thank you, next time your in quote to a member of our bar staff #GREENDRAGONFREEDRINK

and receive a free drink on us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon