“Disappointing - all the dishes looked the same (bright red)”
Review of Balti Cottage

Balti Cottage
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Coleshill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We went here with a friend who rates this place over the other local options, but I had to disagree. It is never a good sign when the sauce on three different dishes looks the same, it smacks of a base mix that a few additions are made to when different dishes are ordered. All three were bright red, so clearly large quantities of red food colouring were part of that base - yuck, really don’t add such stuff to my food!!!!

It was also quite greasy, and frankly not very enjoyable to eat.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

What a treat. Service was great, friendly staff and the food was freshly prepared, arrived hot and sizzling. Lots of vegetarian choices, possibly the best balti I have ever had. I can recommend spinach, mushroom and chana, mopped up by a garlic naan. The onion bhaji were delicious and the popadums freshly prepared and melt in the mouth! Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed January 28, 2018

Visited here this weekend just gone, on 1st impressions, very small , as we walked through the door you walk on to someones table while they are eating, we was showed to our table, it was like a very small living room with 6 tables in there, if you want to make new friends while you are eating great, as you are really on top of one another, if you wanted to pop to the loo or pop out for a smoke, you have to move the tables from side to side to get out, otherwise your bum would be in someones dinner !!! service was not great we was in there for a good 3 hours and was only served 2 drinks, as was very hard to get the waiters attention, the food is fantastic large portions, the music they played was bit hit and miss, quite depressing, overall great place, would not go back only due to the seating,

1  Thank Kerry B
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Actually went to the Indian restaurant across the road but it was a 20 minute wait so though we would try our luck, pleased we did. Food and service really good, only reason I marked it down was the atmosphere, i thought it was lacking, and I really don't think there is a need for the televisions that you have. One was right about my head.(and I mean right above my head and i'm only 5ft 6!!). Above a table not the best idea i think. Part from that would have been a 5/5.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Was recommend to me. Wow. Don't walk by. Walk in. Top food and top service. From walking in to walking out you would think we was royalty.