“Would recommend ”

Shunters Chip Shop and Smoke House
Ranked #31 of 69 Restaurants in Antrim
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was shocked to come on here and see reviews that weren't good. I tried shunters for the first time this year and now it is my chippy of choice in antrim.

The menu has a good selection and they are always very helpful when I tell them I am vegetarian and try to accommodate me. It is good that you can also sit in, I came with my young son and the girl that served me came round and helped me with a high chair which was really nice and friendly.

The portion sizes are always good and the staff are always lovely. Don't be put off my bad reviews on this, I'm glad I didn't read them before I went and just tried it for myself!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

i was in shunters and not of had anything to eat from breakfast i was starving and had realy looked forward to my hot wings ,so this is what i ordered 16 wings and a small chip, as i was standing watching the cook i was suprised to see them going into a micro wave oven but not before getting very well sprayed with a soloution which i would love to know what it was ,then back into micro , and out onto the flame grill, go the call it was ready and put the heater on in the car and went straight home , i had the tea ordered and plate in the oven to heat ,when i got them onto the plate the chips were cold and soggy and the chicken was not cooked properly ,i was very cross ,, by this time i had checked the time youre shop closed so iput them in the bin in disgust , at no time did i see anyone check the tempeture of the food , as i am not one for complaining i decided to give it another try last week , so my partner went up and ordered 8 wings this time you did not have any sauce orther than barbecue so she brought them home after telling the girl on the counter our experence the week before but it made no difference they were cold in places and most definatly not properly cooked , and yes un gussed it the whole lot went into the bin,,will we have to wait till someone gets poisined before something gets done johny the wing man.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Absoutely terrible the young girl on the phone was lovely and i explained my order then to recieve it it and for the food to be soggy i rang and explained the problem she said thats no problem i will send u up a new order i thanked her and as far as i was concerned it was sorted ohhh no deffo not i get a call back 2 mins later from a different staff member sayin the wouldnt be replacing my order they were sendin me a refund up instead and they would appreciate it if i wasnt abusive to there staff absolute nonsence i work in hospitality myself so i have nothin but respect 4 them cause i know its hard working with the public sometimes all in all the customer service was shockin the food wasnt great so i eventually got a refund nearly 3 hrs later no apology or anything safe to say i wnt be using this takeaway place again so sad cause a while back its was the nicest time in town

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Attended for lunch a few times, when there is only 1/2 of the 5 total tables filled they cope alright and food is served in a reasonable time but if they are busy it is not good. The last occasion we ordered off the lunch menu, straight forward orders chips and sauce, chips and sausages etc one member of the group got his lunch, finished eating before mine came, I finished eating and then the two others in the group then got theirs. They start to bring half orders to tables then move onto another table serve a few there rather completing them one party at a time. It's a shame as the food is nice and reasonably priced. On one occasion the staff were arguing among themselves which isn't great in front of customers. Have stopped using them at lunch time unfortunately.

1  Thank Kimmy311
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Daugher ordered desserd to be delivered . Choc cake came with garlic mayo instead of cream . Rang and they said they would send it up . They rang back saying they had no cream did we want icecream said no but girl kept saying we only have ice. Cream after min silence i asked what they were going to do about it . She went away came back and said we could have free cream nxt time . The cream comes with the cake so that offer was silly . Have tried to contact them but no reply . I no its only cream but come on you can have better cuatomer service than this . And who wants cake with no cream

1  Thank lesley m