“Excellent bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spean Lodge

Spean Lodge
Ranked #1 of 23 Spean Bridge B&B and Inns
Southampton
“Excellent bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We only stayed one night at Spean Lodge but can honestly say that it was the best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed at. Every aspect of our stay was excellent and we will highly recommend the experience to our friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
Ahus, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed in Spean Lodge in three days, it was the best stay we had under our eight days trip around Scotland. I can´t find anything to claim on. The breakfast where fantastic, Glen and Suzanne where wery friendly and serviceminde. Glen gave us information about things to see and do. The room clean and nice. Everything was perfect. If we come to Scotland again, we will absolutly book some days at Spean Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Fantastic large comfortable bedroom and beautiful communal areas which are tastefully furnished in keeping with the original features of the house. It's all spotlessly clean. The breakfast served all we could have desired and was substantial! Glen is very personable and he went out of his way to offer any help or advice needed. I really could not find any fault with this Bed and Breakfast and as the title suggests, I really wish all Bed and Breakfasts were this good!!

Room Tip: The family room is huge and has one king size bed and one double bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Spean Lodge in Spean Bridge because of its location and good Trip Advisor reviews. We were very happy with our choice.

Glen and Suzanne have done a beautiful job of restoring a large old home on the main street of Spean Bridge, in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. The home is immaculate, and the art and furnishings are superb. Nothing is out of place or innapropriate. The rooms are very comfortable.

Suzanne is mostly in the kitchen while Glen takes breakfast orders and thoughtfully advises guests on itineraries. The food is all perfectly prepared, to everyone's satisfaction. Glen is very knowledgable in history -- not just local, but global -- and in everything that could interest his guests. If there is something he doesn't know about, he will research it.

Suzanne is kind, and very accommodating.

I cannot say enough good things about these wonderful people and their home. If returning to the Highlands, we will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a triple room, though we were only using one bed. I'm sure all of the rooms are lo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brackley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

What a wonderful experience this was. My husband, my mother, and I traveled to Spean Bridge as part of my mother's visit to the UK. This was back in March, when it was still technically the off-season. Glen was wonderful, always ready with some sort of suggestion or tip and he didn't lead us wrong once. He knew which resteraunts were open and which weren't and he had intimate knowledge of the menus, a must for us since my mother is diabetic. Breakfast was amazing and the hospitality was excellent. Glen and Sue don't make you feel like guests, but like family. The house was so comfortable that I literally felt as though I were home. There are loads of things to do outside, but, if you are in for the night, check out the sitting room. Here you will find magazines, books, even a diary written by one of the previous occupants. Honestly, I could have spent my entire stay holed up in the house and never once complained. If you love to run or hike, there are trails that you can just fall out the front door and walk to. I spent my first morning running the Commando Loop and it was like stepping into a fairytale complete with misty woods, ruined bridges, and spectacular views of the mountains. If you are going to the highlands, don't look any further, this is the place to stay. Just be warned, you may never want to leave. We will definately be returning!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dusseldorf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at Spean Lodge with my family. The whole experience was simply amazing.

On one side, Glen and Sue are the perfect hosts and make you feel at home immediately. Glen is a natural conversationalist (!) besides being a historian. Not just my wife and me, but even our kids are looking forward to meeting Glen once again just for the sheer joy of sharing a few words! Glen is perfectly complemented by Sue, whose breakfast gets your day off to the perfect start :-)

On the other side, the property itself is simply stunning with lots of history behind it... large comfortable rooms, beautiful views, huge garden, period furniture, nice paintings, modern day amenities and more!

We had a great time and created some fantastic memories... Can't wait to get back!!

Room Tip: Family room has a nice view to the Spean River Guest lounge has lovely view of the mountains and yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Edinburgh, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Spean Lodge for three nights over Easter. We had a fantastic time. Glenn is an excellent host, who spares no effort to ensure that you have a great stay. He is clearly very proud of his business, and rightly so. The house is beautiful, the breakfast excellent and the advice on the local area from the host and his wife is very useful. We will certainly visit again.

Stayed April 2012
0.1 km away
Smiddy House
Smiddy House
#3 of 23 in Spean Bridge

Been to Spean Lodge? Share your experiences!