“Locally sourced, globally influenced.”

Miradoro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Miradoro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Oliver
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Panoramic views of the valley below; clean lines, and a comfortable atmosphere. Locally sourced ingredients prepared by an award-winning chef. All of this, in the heart of the south Okanagan – with a hint of Mediterranean on the palate. It’s where rustic meets elegant in delicious harmony.
Reviewed March 16, 2012

These three words have never had more meaning: trust the chef. Check your preconceptions at the door, and let Chef Jeff guide you. It isn't the same experience if you ask "hold the...". Trust me - I've been a the person to ask that. Not here. If you can get there on the shoulder season, watch for Tuesday night Communal Table dinners. Set menu, set price, and all fabulous.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

From the moment we were greeted by Justin to the time we left the restaurant we were treated to an exceptional dining experience. The fact that the restaurant sits on the hillside among the vines at Tinhorn Creek winery in itself makes for a wonderful dining atmosphere. Add the unobstructed view of the south Okanagan thru the floor to ceiling glass walls and you are in restaurant heaven. The Mediterranean style menu offered a variety of selections for different tastes. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food from the tapas menu (awesome albondigas) to dessert. The GM Justin took his time to explain the chefs philosophy of using local fresh ingredients in his menu which we thought was pretty cool. Overall an excellent lunch. we will be back next time we are thru the area.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Exceptional food! They have a wonderful chef that takes pride in everything they prepare and present. The service is wonderful. The vistas spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant if you really want to impress your guests!

Reviewed December 17, 2011

We celebrated our tenth anniversary wine touring the south okanagan and decided to try out the new restaurant at Tinhorn. We did see that they had received mixed reviews but wanted to eat without participating in any chain or franchise restaurants so we gave them a try. When we arrived at the restaurant we could see the kitchen was in a rather jovial state with some young chefs (assistants?) laughing and bobbing around each other in the kitchen. We were delighted to be seated at the patio and had excellent service. We were hoping to return to our lodgings before too late as we had planned a long day ahead of us for the upcoming day and so ordered their thin crust pizza's knowing the cooking time for those is quite short. It's a very good thing we paced ourselves with the wine because after 45 minutes wait for our pizzas our waiter was hard pressed to take care of us during the exceptionally long wait. He was kind and appropriate throughout but we still we wished we had walked out and found a hot dog stand. When the pizzas finally came they were like crackers with a few dry condiments sprinkled on. It was a total disaster. I do regret that I did not walk out at the time but I find those situations embarrass me and there's an ingrained part of me that has difficulty complaining when someone brings me food, despite what I've paid for it.
It's taken me a long time to write this review as I thought it was only fair to talk to the manager of Miradoro before making my statement public. He accepted my comments and offered to speak on the phone. He requested my address to send me the opportunity to give them a second chance, provided we returned to the area, but nothing has ever come. I'm disappointed we were some of many people who did not warrant Miradoro's best effort, even for their pizzas. I'm equally disappointed that Manuel Farreira, manager also of Le Gavroche in Vancouver, doesn't stand by his commitment to quality.

1  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were on the Okanagan Wine "trail", and this has been our favourite lunch stop.
The bottled water, the breads, and the whole experience is wonderful. Great view with a view of the whole valley.