All reviews stayed here outdoor pool c worked well within walking distance one night continental breakfast a ground floor room room was clean and comfortable july long weekend stay there again bc wine country per night great place to stay motel osoyoos microwave highway
Reviewed September 10, 2018

we found this excellent property by accident. we drove through the Okanagan with no plan, and stop in Oliver, we decided to just check out some local hotel instead of the chain hotel, what a pleasant surprise, nice and clean, reasonable price, friendly staff. we will go back again without hesitation.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Oliver is about a 15 minute drive north of Osoyoos, and prices seemed to be about 50 CAD per night cheaper in Oliver, where there are a string of motels along a highway. Cactus Tree Inn has rooms that are immaculately clean, and it is within walking distance of a supermarket and a number of restaurants and shops. The bed was very comfortable. It's an excellent place to spend the night if you are prepared to drive a bit to lake shore or a vineyard.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Great location, lovely continental breakfast, super clean and easy. Pool is not a feature, but the rooms and breakfast was perfect for my team's needs. Loved having the BBQ when needed! This is a simple motel that is run with much care and mindfulness. Do not think it is anything more that that.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

This place is a dump! I called for a last minute trip to see if rooms were available, the woman asked to a credit card number to hold the room until we get there to confirm - NO CHARGE discussed or AUTHORIZED, and no policy advised in the phone at this time either. Came up from Vancouver and decided we couldn’t allow our kids to be in such a run down place when there are much nicer places that charge the same amount right on the beach in Osoyoos. The pool pics were definitely not as portrayed in their pics. We left and I cancelled the ‘hold on the room’. My friends was concerned about his credit card and called his company to find out they charged him $50. I decided to wait as I assumed maybe there was an authorization to check valid card, but she don’t post it knowing we didn’t stay and we explained the pictures lied etc. A week later I saw a $250 charge for somewhere I never stayed nor was I ad used of any policy they would charge or agree/sign etc. I called her to resolve advising the same to no resolution. My credit card company was able to reverse the unauthorized charges and said this happens all the time where small companies abuse their merchant rights. They hope ppl don’t check their statements and get away with money not authorized to them. These guys are crooks! Be aware!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
CactusTreeInn, Owner at Cactus Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you do not understand the late cancellation policy, and we are also sorry that the pictures you saw weren't as perfect as you expected.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

The rooms are clean and well upgraded with all amenities. Breakfast was included to boot! Pool and laundry facilities are onsite. The motel is well located in the southern end of BC wine country. The owners are very friendly. We have now been there for three years.

• Trip type: Travelled with family