April Point Resort & Spa(Quathiaski Cove)
Free cancellation until 31/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$182
Hotels.com
Painter's Lodge(Campbell River)
US$152
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

Whiskey Point Resort(Quathiaski Cove)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$106
Town Centre Inn(Campbell River)
US$71
US$132
TripAdvisor
Coast Discovery Inn(Campbell River)
US$144
US$134
Agoda.com
The Harbourside Inn(Campbell River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewseco tourfishsea lionstop notchgrizzly bear tourtasting menucampbell riverfirst classhot tubour honeymoondining roomonce in a lifetimeout of this worldattention to detailhelicopter ridegames roombritish columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Visited here with my family in September 2011.

Can't really describe how wonderful this place is. But I'll try:

Staying at Sonora Resort is like visiting a World 50 restaurant with an ever-changing view of almost impossible beauty, with rooms straight out of the cover and inside pages of Room Magazine [not an actual magazine - I just made it up] and staff who could not do more to be helpful but who make you feel like they are an old mate from university who you haven't caught up with for a while.

Go there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend our Anniversary weekend at the Sonora Island Resort and had a really wonderful time. From our Helicopter Pilot's warm welcome at the Esso Avitat Check in to the sensational views of the private Helicopter as we flew up the coast of BC to the little haven of tranquility that is Sonora. The Service was consistantly excellent and genuinely warm from every staff member I encountered, the food was delicious, the rooms spacious and very comfortable and the setting and views perfect. I enjoyed a Phillips River Cruise with Arran who was a very knowledgable guide and we also were able to enjoy the spa, hiking trails and gourmet cooking class. A lovely relaxing weekend with perfect weather showcasing beautiful British Columbia at its best!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Sonora Resort during the first week in September 2011. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the resort and cannot wait to go back (planning a trip for 2013). We arrived via helicopter and the staff greeted us with drinks and hors d'oeuvres while taking us through a short orientation program. The rooms are 5-star, comfortable beds and pillows and big windows. In addition, the lodges have common areas (living rooms) and a hot tub and fireplace sitting area on the top floor. The excursions are fantastic, e.g., Grizzly Bear Tour (we saw 3 grizzlys), kayaking, eco tour, hiking, etc. Even if you don't participate in the excursions it's such a great place to just unwind, sit on the balcony amidst the beautiful scenery, and read a book. Oh, and last but not least......FANTASTIC FOOD, breakfast, lunch and dinner!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
AStoweSonora, Public Relations Manager at Sonora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Hi Kathryn,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself while at the Sonora Resort last September, and cannot wait to welcome you back in 2013. If you visit us around the same time next year, make sure you try our newest adventure offered August through October, Rafting & Snorkeling with the Salmon. It is truly a Canadian experience!

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Sonora Resort is the first place I have ever traveled to that I honestly feared that I would never be able to return to again. It easy to say that I left my heart there among the backdrop of the wilderness and the unjulating current of the sea water. Having been delivered there by private
helicopter, the experience begins with the flight over and the sheer awe of seeing the resort for the first time by air. I simply couldn't get enough of the scenery and especially the big gray seal that toyed with me everytime I left my room.
On the first afternoon we arrived, we went out on the private boat to pull up the crab traps that were to be our dinner. Later, the chef met us at the dock with our catch and served us a spectacular dinner of fresh caught crab.... Doesn't get any better than that!
I will never forget my time spent at Sonora.....

Room Tip: Every room is perfect there...they are all angled for a great view and setting.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank MicheleCorliss
AStoweSonora, Coordinator at Sonora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our resort. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Sonora, and we cannot wait to have you back. Who knows, maybe the seal will still be waiting!

- Ashley
Sonora Resort

Reviewed November 27, 2011

This place is a Gem, The moment you arrive via 1st class Helicopter, you are taken by the raw beauty of this resort, The food and service are as equally gratifying . All I have say is get to Sonora Resort, cross it off the list and cross it off again and again. Wow what a place , top shelf...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo