Review Highlights
Wonderful whale watching

We had an amazing almost 3-hour tour with Freeport Whlae & Seabird Tours. The tour guide was very... read more

Reviewed July 20, 2020
saffron1996
Ottawa, Canada
Saw several whales

The ocean was rough on our day, but the skipper chose to try and see how it was when we exited the... read more

Reviewed October 6, 2019
W H H
Cadiz, Kentucky

All reviews whale watching birds boat captain whales
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We were able to ride the Georgie Porgie on the August long weekend, and had perfect weather for it. We have done their whale watching tours before, and have certain expectations. The boat was well maintained, and the captain was great! He took his time near the whales and we had a great chance to see all types of sea life. Another staff member was also on the boat, and she was fantastic! Lots of information on whales, dolphins, the area, sea life, etc! We really enjoyed the information while we sailed around! Our son (nearly 2) LOVED the water and being able to scoot around the boat while we watched the whales. The seats are secure (though a wee bit slippery) and we stayed really dry while cruising around!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We called on a Wednesday, 25 of July, in the afternoon and reserved with credit card for three spots for "the day after tomorrow", and the owner Karen said, "that's Saturday afternoon," and we said, "no, that's Friday afternoon." SO she confirmed Friday afternoon for us. And on the day of the tour, we drove two hours to the spot, and was told that they didn't have our names on the tour. I showed them the call record, and the the staff was decent enough to see if they could have some people to take a free tour on a later boat tour, and the owner vetoed that because she insisted that we didn't book the tour. I recounted my entire conversation with her, and she said, "I now remember we had the conversation, but you were asking for next Friday, August 3rd." I told her that it didn't make sense, as we wouldn't even be in Canada on that day. She said, "I don't know, but I'm sure you asked for August 3rd." I said, "Why do you think I would ask to reserve a date when we won't be in the country?" She said, "I don't know. Call it misunderstanding but I think you asked for August 3rd." No apology, no sensible solution as her staff, who tried to help, offered to find an accommodation that would work for all--all because she didn't want to, what, give discount for the other party willing to take a later tour. Don't go there. There are other places nearby to do whale watch.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank yywrite
namescrocker, Owner at Freeport Whale & Seabird Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

It is unfortunate that you booked and mixed up your dates. You arrived at our office a week early and when you gave your name our clerk said she didn’t have your name on our list for the tour that day. The only small group was a booking of 4 under another name. You then told her that was your party and there was only 3 of you. We checked you in and then a while later the real party arrived to find they had already checked in! Hmmmmm! So we called you back in to try to sort things out. Then you told us that you booked for Friday. We looked and found you for the following Friday. We ALWAYS double check our dates at the time of the reservation. With almost 30 years of operating this small family business under our belt there are things we make sure we do. I took your reservation and I specifically remember the date you asked for. Unfortunately the customer can sometimes make a mistake but put these reviews up leaving the business owner to try and defend themselves. We did offer to try and find you a tour with another operator or to take you on a later tour that same day. You refused. Thanks for the review and have a wonderful life.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable expierience! Not once but twice! Second generation whale watching captain knows the bay of Fundy like the back of his hand. Can't wait to go again ! Also had the opportunity to see 7 humpbacks including 4 all swimming together right beside the boat. Tail slaps breaching and diving we got the opportunity to see it all.
All pictures taken with a cellphone and right beside the boat..... incredible

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank 928spencert
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

I am no good on a boat, always feel seasick but thought I would give this a go, regretted it as soon as we set off on what I felt was choppy waters, but the guide said was calm! So even though I felt sick as a dog the whole three hours I am still giving this 5 stars as it was an exciting trip, saw porpoises humpbacks and seals. Guide was very interesting and they did everything to ensure we saw whales. Well worth the money but I think next time I may need to medicate beforehand! Also do stop for lunch in lavenas care where you pick up the tour. Really good food and friendly welcome (though I maybe shouldn't have eaten so close to the boat trip). Pack warm clothing too as it can get chilly on the sea.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Called the week before to book and secured a reservation with a credit card. Drove 3.5 hours to meet the tour and when we arrived at the office location, we were told by the restaurant where the office is located that the tours were not open for the season. < the web site says there are open and they had no problem taking our reservation> Tried to call both office numbers for an hour, but no answer and, 5 hours later, still no return phone call. They not only had our credit card info but also two travel contact phone numbers to let us know in advance if tour was cancelled.

Date of experience: June 2017