All reviews greek style themed hotel baga beach boutique hotel wonderful hotel morning breakfast rooms are nice swimming pool paratha complimentary breakfast north goa hustle bustle breakfast spread comfortable stay visited goa river bathtub
Reviewed November 15, 2015

Stayed two nights 13th and 14th night. Room no S5. Great Staff make up for this average hotel. We were given an adjacent room with a door so there was no privacy at all and we could hear the guests in the next room who had a small kid that kept crying. The shower was faulty and kept dripping down the wall and could hv flooded the bathroom. The current kept tripping every few minutes probably due to an overload. It was for two nights and there were no other rooms available so made the most our stay. Breakfast was below average. The air conditioner was so loud could not sleep at all. We liked the small private balconies which were quite nice.

Room tip: Rooms facing the pool.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mykonos28, Guest Relations Manager at Mykonos Blu, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2016

Dear Guest,
We apologies for all the inconvenience you faced during your stay.
During your stay we were completely full so could not accommodate you in another room.
Thanking you for appreciating the Balconies. we would not give you any chance of Complaint the next time you visit our property

Reviewed October 25, 2015 via mobile

It was our first time in Goa and we were lucky to have found the perfect place to stay. It was close to the beach; a few minutes ride away. Besides the location what I loved about this place is its beautiful ambience. Its this little Greece in the middle of Goa. Good location. Great ambience. Excellent service. Will definitely recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Aliesha S

Dear Ms Aliesha
We are overwhelmed by your kind and encouraging comment on our property.
We would love to have you over again and again. Thank You for recommending us.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

Splendid experience, luxury with a theme!! The property is beautiful beyond words and also could be given five stars for the service. Cooperative ppl, gave us an early check in as we had landed early. The only thing that stands negative for the property is the location, the bylanes to the hotel are off the main road, though experience overweighs the location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We Thank You for your admiration for Mykonos Blu. It encourages our entire team to keep up the good work and make our guests have a memorable stay.
We hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed October 13, 2015

This is the concise version. I am sick of recalling the experiences at this hotel and for my sake I refuse to worry about it any more. However, for future fellow travellers - here's my warning.

This hotel does not care about you. It is just another business - no hospitality here. It is merely a exchange of money for goods and services.

To start off, the address on google is incorrect - it shows up somewhere near TIto's lane which it isn't at. However, it isn't very far from there - but the cabbie threw a hissy fit that because he had to come an extra 200 m (maybe) we had to pay him more - the address says Baga - but it's actually in Arpora. Great first impression. I expressed my resentment to the misleading information and to be passed on to the manager. Like all the following times when i requested this - it was never passed on to anyone.

We checked in to a room with the air-con not functioning, power boards sticking out of the wall and with Analog television. Really? To top it up it wasn't even clear reception - actually i could barely see most channels.
When I walked down to reception to inform of my issues - they sent up the maintenance guy entered already aware of the issue - No, communication is not a forte at this place. It was an ongoing issue I take it - as we can this issue EVERYDAY. We were there for 5 days. I knew he wasn't briefed because i failed to mention the air-con issue at first but he greeted me with "A/C not working?". I then mentioned the other issues - again.

We were room moved (on me insisting) as the issues weren't fixed - only a dodgy fix was implemented to lessen the inconvenience. Their response to not being able to fix issues was always evasion of the problem - "the TV can't be made better cause it's analog" or "its an external issue with electricity - therefore we can't fix it".

Everyday the lights went out - the manager blamed the local council and the local politician - this was pathetic. The A/C would trip everyday too and the TV would keep getting disconnected and would reset - most channels were unavailable as the dues were not paid - we know because it was displayed on a couple of the channels "service discontinued due to non payment of dues".

It is a very weird hotel - noisy from work happening around the neighbourhood, the service staff in the restaurant don't understand what you say even when you ask if they do - lucky i don't have a serious allergy - i could have died if i had a serious allergy or something. a couple of times - black coffee was ordered - milk coffee given, sometimes the wrong type of eggs, sometimes extra, some times not enough - I asked once to fix the egg order only to be told it would be charged cause we apparently had too many eggs. I am not a rugby player - and i don't think I need a waiter to educate me on my diet and my protein requirements. I have a strict diet where I count my macros and calorie intake - i know what i am doing. This guy really annoyed me. This guys also had the audacity to ask me on the last day "are you going today?" - it came accross as condescending. Oh, whilst we are on the topic of food - there is no number for room service - you need to call reception - who go call the chef - who takes your order. I think even a motel or AirBnb would do better in this regard. Room service food was average. Probably the only thing in the hotel that was.

The manager (Sanjeev) is probably the worst. He's like a chameleon - changing sides as needed. He is swift in showing the blame on to who ever else possible, empathising one moment with you saying he understands the inconvenience caused and how he wished he could fix these issues - yet does nothing to. I was really upset on the third day and spoke my mind out to him. He started telling me about his costs to run the generators and how his Profit and Loss Statement looks - who cares? I am a guest and i have paid for a service - provide me that service. Im not asking for a butler, I am asking for electricity in my room uninterrupted and a TV that bloody hell works!! This was too hard to accommodate. I told him I wanted to be compensated for my inconveniences - he never got back to me. I chased him up only to get a response "I have spoken to head office and they said we can't do anything". Head office?? What do you think you are - a hotel chain? or even more simply, a hotel?

Trouble is we had prepaid our accommodation - which they wouldn't refund. I would have checked out that very day. They know foreign travellers are unlikely to revisit. However they forget what word of mouth does for a business and how having reviews on sites can harm the business. I am a duty manager from an international chain - I KNOW WHAT SERVICE IS! I live and breathe it everyday. Hell, I didn't even expect anything from them. They failed to provide me the basics - nothing over the top or fancy was requested.

I can go on for hours writing things about this place but I'd like to use my time more productively - clearly this if read will be words on deaf ears or the start of a defensive reply to justify their stance. Either way I don't care.

I just want to warm fellow overseas travellers - do not take your chances - theres only one thing guaranteed - DISAPPOINTMENT!

6  Thank RavinRathod
Reviewed October 9, 2015

Stayed for three days with wife. good experience, nice ambience, unique layout and furnishing. We had requested for some special arrangements and it was well catered for when we arrived. The staff is courteous and help full. Though the stream outside was beautiful however smelly, but thats not the hotel's fault, is it? The pool was small and best suitable for kid's maybe. Overall the stay was a good experience and we would definitely recommend it to our friend's too. Good work, keep it up.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.