All reviews magic show sight seeing hill station checkin operative rates
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

DON’T BOOK EVEN IF IT IS FREE.
Wrost hotel ever seen.
Rude staff and receptionist
Zero room service
No electricity overnight
No generator
Had to sit in dark without fan ( AC is far ahead)
Lots of mosquitoes

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank kanoop75
AARPEE2015, Manager at OYO 11914 Pratap Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Dear Sir
There was an electric failure in whole of Mahabaleshwar from 12 noon yesterday.
The power resumed today at 1 p.m.
We don't have Generator which can support power continuously for 24 hours.
It needs to cool down
The generator was made to cool down from 12.30 in the night till 3.30 am. And then it was restarted.

Your claim that there is no Generator is false as you had electricity in the room 12 night .
Electricity supply is a state issue and we cannot solve it

Sorry for the inconvenience but the facts put in the review are without any sort of verification

Reviewed October 6, 2017

We had made all the payment in advance. Ours was a All inclusive Package i.e. stay and food included.

We arrived at around 11. The reception guy was talking to another customer and asked us to wait in the waiting area. This is understood. However, even after he was free, he did not care to call us. Finally, I went and asked for the room. He then asked another housekeeping guy to take us to the room. First impression was not right.

The room was spacious but was not very clean. We could see the layer of dust on furniture. The washrooms were ok ok and not very clean. Again, the second impression was not nice.

We took sight seeing from the hotel and they gave us a cab (paid service, of-course not included in the package). Unfortunately, there was a huge traffic jam and we could not return back in the lunch timings. On asking reception about food, they informed that they have kept food for us and we can sit in the dining area for the same (positive, finally).

There was a magic show organised in the night. It was quite fun. Again, positive.

During, checkout, we were asked to pay Rs. 120 for tea ordered outside the tea hours. I argued that we had ordered tea (outside tea hours) only on the checkin day. So it should be 60. To my surprise, the guy immediately made it 60. This made me wonder, if it was genuine mistake or planned con activity.

To be honest, food was excellent. This hotel is near to the market area. It was costly but that may be due to long weekend and prices may be jacked up for the "season".

All the staff will constantly remind you of the tip during the checkout. The reception guy refused to give me a bill for our stay. This may be the usual thing for advance payment people or I must have looked extremely stupid. I did not argue much and left for my return journey.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank virenblogs
Reviewed May 30, 2017

First of all, rooms are very clean.
As the atmosphere was very humid, floors were wet.
Staff is humble and co-operative.
They arrange us for local sight seeing.
Rates are average as we booked the hotel online.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhavingir
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel for two nights from march21st. I paid 9k as it was a package. It was a pathetic experience. I have many complaints but m listing a few..
1.The management is extremely rude and don't accept their mistakes
2. The water from the shower was brown! And there was no 24hr hot water as promised
3.Me and my frnd both had stomach upset after eating for the first night.
4.The staff is absolutely desperate for tips and will constantly remind u of the same
5.The worst were bed bugs on the bed which caused us rashes!!! I mean come on..That is unacceptable..Finally they excused our rs.210 checkout bill as a gesture of sorry. Wt a great favour!!!
Overall I wish I could rate this hotel in negatives. AVOID EVEN IF ITS A FREE TRIP

Date of stay: March 2017
13  Thank Nihal K
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Pratap Heritage Hotel for 2 nights package from 12th Feb17 to 14th Feb17. Booked through Mauzee Holidays , Ghatkoper. Hotel is located at main market of Mahabaleshwar.

This hotel is 2 storeyed building with small lobby, reception counter, dining area and game zone only carrom and Table tennis at ground floor. Indoor Swimming pool is open at fix time. Rooms are available on 1st and 2nd floor and few on ground floor too. They do not have elevator so for elderly people should insist for ground floor rooms.

All rooms look same as there is no very big difference in standard room and Heritage room interior. Except Jacuzzi and bathtubs attached. So if you are not interested in all these luxury things go for standard room only.

The check-in time is 10 am and Check out 9 am so if you reach there early morning you have to wait at lobby playing carrom board or sitting on sofa and just wait for your call to check in. I had spent 4 hrs in lobby.

The breakfast starts at 8.15 am around which is chargeable for first day check-in as it is not included in your package. Rs.175 per person is charge or you can order something else from menu card which is quite reasonable.

They serve amazing mouth watering veg food in breakfast,lunch and Dinner.

Evening tea or coffee is also free till 7 pm.

They have nice rooms & dining service.

On each floor they have room service desk. Though they have buffet system still they serve you on your table too which is nice thing.

For sightseeing points are fixed but I would suggest you to ask them to drop Manama jam factory & Mini's Chikki and Fudge outlet point. It is useless rather tell him to drop you at Mapro Garden. Mapro Garden comes before these 2 shops and then after Parsi Point and Table Land points as all these on same route of Panchgani. Still they have not covered Mapro Garden in package intentionally.

They do not take you in some factory showing how jam or fudge is made. It is misleading. You can buy all these in Mahabaleshwar Market at discount prices as all these companies have sales outlet everywhere.

Pratapgarh is not covered in package but I got it fortunately.

Private taxi is very costly as driver charges you minimum Rs.100 for any short distance upto 3 kms.

There is one small issue with their staff is all from delivery boy to service counter people and dining area to watchman all are behind you for some tip amount at the time of check out which is damaging image of hotel. This same issue is highlighted by many visitors on all internet sites but management is doing nothing on it.

Note this is 2 star hotel so accordingly I am rating this hotel in that category as below from 5 stars

Food Quality - 5 star
Room Service - 5 star
Rooms Interior - 4 star
Connectivity from market - 5 star
Staff Courtesy - 4 star
Car Parking - Outside Hotel On Road

Totally value for money spending time in this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017