Oxygen Jungle Villas
US$153
US$167
US$920
US$892
Bahia Azul Hotel(Uvita)(Great Value!)
US$68
Travelocity
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
Vista Celestial(Uvita)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsglass villasinfinity poolour honeymooncosta ricaocean view villabreakfast burritowelcome cocktailcouples massagesan joseside notethe entire staffgreat recommendationsminute drivecorcovado national parktunaboutique hotelunpaved road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just spent the last 4 AMAZING days at Oxygen. We opted to have a driver pick us up from the airport and for us it was a GREAT decision. He was right on time and got us to Oxygen in about 3.5 hours with no issues. He let us stop at the grocery store to grab some supplies as well. Once we arrived at the hotel all our USA stresses went away. The place was beautiful, the pool is by far the most inviting I have ever seen. The villas were immaculate, we stayed in #5 with the ocean view and we sure did not regret it. Woke up every morning to the sound of monkeys and beautiful birds, we even had a Coati run across our deck! On our first day we hiked to the waterfall on site, it was not full enough really to swim in (dry season) but was a great hike. On the way we saw a Mom, Dad and baby monkey in a tree above us. It was so cool! Everyone at Oxygen treated us so well, Steven, Yosen, Daniella and Roy most especially.
We would go back in a heart beat.
Also for those reviews that mentioned the Wi-Fi-- we had fantastic reception the entire time!
Thank you Oxygen for being everything I could have dreamed of and more!

Room Tip: Ocean view was lovely
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jorge Andres G, General Manager at Oxygen Jungle Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Choverman,
One of the amazing things of working at Oxygen is witnessing how our guest start relaxing, decompressing and enjoying themselves surrounded by nature and in this beautiful hotel. We are very happy that all of your stresses melted away and that you took advantage of our jungle trails and waterfalls on site. I will thank Yosen, Daniella, Roy and Steven for the good service given to you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Gerogerous views, friendly staff, gourmet food, birds hanging out when you have your breakfast overlooking the oceane, individually placed villas. This is a piece of paradise, truly an amazing experience!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Muchas gracias Hidesweety,
We are very happy that you had an amazing experience! Please recommend this piece of paradise to your family and friends!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We can not say enough about how great this hotel is! Its beautiful, the location is remote and very private. The rooms are gorgeous and very comfortable and waking up to see the hummingbirds in the garden, the butterflies feeding from the flowers and the magnificent ocean view is unbelievable. One of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed. The staff.....are......amazing people. They are the kindest, polite and extremely hardworking. Steven, Roy, Deivi and Yosen we thank you so much for everything you did to ensure our vacation was relaxing, fun and enjoyable. Steven, thank you for making Davids birthday special with delicious chocolate cake! We were so very luck to meet you all! Thank you all again for a wonderful birthday week and all the memories that came with it! We hope to see you all again. xoxo

A few tips: Check out the waterfall hike, awesome place and very refreshing swim, 4x4 is mandatory for everyone and for every place you want to go that is on the mountain in Costa Rica, check out other restaurants in Uvita and Domincal, everyone is super kind and the food is amazing!!!!!! The country really is an amazing place, step out of your comfort zone and go with the flow!!!! Pura Vida

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin G
Jorge Andres G, General Manager at Oxygen Jungle Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Erin,
We are so happy to read that you found the hotel a piece of Heaven on earth, the staff myself included we feel the same and I believe that is part of the reasons we are so happy and guest can feel and tell that.
Thank you for sharing your experience and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed there with my partner who has already written her own review, which itself brought out a rather defensive response from the management. Like her I will try to keep my review factual rather than critical.
The room looked very impressive - you will see enough comments on here along with pictures to form an opinion. It was very hot when we were there but the aircon worked perfectly and we slept very well.
It is true to say that we didn't see much fauna in the lovely gardens. Having lived in South Africa for many years we are aware that wildlife is unpredictable ....others may have been more lucky. Having said that we did see a jaguarundi when driving up the track.
We researched this place very thoroughly (as we always do) so were aware that the track was in poor condition. We were in a tiny Suzuki Jimny and didn't put it into 4 wheel drive... so it wasn't that bad, just 10 - 15 minutes of bone rattling!
As mentioned we had a disappointing meal (the dreaded chicken incident). We complained moderately and the staff handled it perfectly, saying it would be removed from the bill. (It was). I am surprised that my comments concerning the chicken were not conveyed to "the management". To be honest I was not aware that a manager was present; we saw no sign of one over the 3 days. Sometimes that is a good thing! In any case we so no reason to take the matter further at that stage.
The restaurant felt quite expensive to us (poor Brits)...maybe not eye-wateringly so, but enough to make one think twice. e.g the one sparkling white offered is around $55 plus 23% (tax and service) making it roughly the price of a reasonable white wine at the Ivy in Covent Garden.
On the plus side we did have some lovely pina coladas.
Pool area was as shown on the pictures - lovely views and well maintained. Do be aware that there are only 12 beds in a regimented line for the 24 guests. This was not a problem while we were there as the weather was very warm and a few hours in the sun was enough. Staff were very attentive whilst at the pool. Atmosphere poolside was a mix between calm sophistication and frosty stand off-ishness (i.e. like a Harley Street doctor's waiting room, you know it is luxurious but you feel you have to whisper).....not exactly my style but I appreciate that a lot of people might like this. It was peaceful and a very pleasant place to submerge yourself in a book.

2  Thank Finbar L

Hello Finbar L,
I was away for a few days and could not reply to you sooner.
I excuse myself if my reply felt aggressive while you read it. I did not intend for that.
We only want it to make sure other readers understood that we have had no other concerns about food, and that the hotel experience that our guest share with us is worth more than a 3 star rating.
The poolside atmosphere can vary from being very social and group connecting to just being romantic and intimate.
I have asked the wait staff again to make sure an issue like this is communicated to me immediately as our procedures indicate so I can address it properly.
Thank you for sharing your perspective.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent stay, staff was helpful and very friendly. Pool with great view. Exceptional villas. Restaurant was very good as well and its price very reasonable contrary to some comments I read before on Tripadvisor. Excellent choice.

Room Tip: Villa 3, seaview and secluded
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Laurent S

Dear Laura,
Thank you! We are very happy you had a wonderful experience at Oxygen and with our staff!
We hope to see you back!