All reviews huge pool beautiful hotel costa rica massage treatment rooms are fairly basic steiner family loved our stay here junior suite nice hike rooms are big forest trails spectacular setting ocean view would highly recommend this hotel species of birds national park sitting area
Reviewed October 11, 2014

Very big and very comfortable rooms with terrace on the ocean. Swimming pool and a restaurant where you may eat very good food while tucans fly from one tree to the other. Quiet and peceful place to stay.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Massimo6342
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My wife and I visited in August 2014. My wife and I stopped here one day for lunch. My wife had chicken fajitas. I had a cheese quesedilla. The menu is large and the service is wonderful. The setting is really great outdoors under a covered veranda overlooking the pool and the forest. The pool is beautiful and huge. I was told 4, 500 square foot. This a a great peaceful place to enjoy a good meal and nature while pondering waht you want to do after lunch. They advertise as a five star. I have nothing to indicate that it is not 5 star. Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We spent six nights in this extremely nice and luxurious resort - we had planned only to stay three but found the place so relaxing and nice that we staid longer. We had a junior suite which is spacious and comfortable but where upgraded later to a master suite at no extra cost with an even more marvellous view of the forest and ocean. Austrian owner Valdemar is a very friendly and attentive host, also the staff are well chosen, polite and helpful. The extensive grounds of the resort are in very well kept shape - highlights are the amazingly huge and clean pool and the phantastic sight from just about anywhere. The restaurant offers a nice breakfast (included) and optional lunch and dinner at what we found reasonable prices, slightly higher than in the Uvita restaurants near by. The food is good quality, the tenderloin steak I had one night was the best I had in three weeks of travelling in Costa Rica. There is nothing in this place worth ciritisizing - perhaps the bathrooms could need a little modernizingin the near future. Altogether, this was the best accomodation we had in Costa Rica - and we are picky.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Soeren D
Reviewed July 17, 2014

beautiful hotel, huge rooms, great food, nice pool, close to the national whale tail park. Our kids really liked the hotel.

The negative part was that the trip to cano islands was different in price on the website then when you asked for it. They asked USD100 more for the trip, which we declined unhappily. Also the kids were both fully charged extra to the room. Too expensive overall for the value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernd B
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were renting a cottage in the area for a week. With this stay, we had access to this resort. We enjoyed relaxing on the reclining chairs near the pool. The pool was amazing. I would have to say that this pool was one of my favourites that I have swan in during a trip. It was clean and the temperature was excellent. There was even a little water fall to go under. We even had hamburgers at the restaurant. It was fun to have our meal poolside. I was able to take lots of pictures and just relax at this spa.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple