We were looking for a perfect non-sandals resort type honeymoon, luckily I found La Cusinga on tripadvisor! We rented the "honeymoon suite" king size bed, wonderfully decorated for us on our arrival. The stay couldn't have been better, the room was great and judging from the other rooms I went into (after making some friends there) they looked just like the pictures on the website. It was really quiet, except for the animals and howler monkeys, but we really didn't mind.
Our goal was to make zero plans, just go do whatever we wanted, we managed to go on a hike every day, explore a nearby town and a zip line tour, all were a lot of fun. Highly recommend a horseback riding tour of the nearby falls!!
The food here was amazing and a great value! Fresh food daily, we were not able to pick out our own menu, but we enjoyed not making any choices, and before I stayed here, I never like fish, but they changed it.
There is also a nice wading "pool" that you can sit in and just look out at the ocean and watch the animals walk by.
Couldn't recommend this place any more, you will not regret staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita