All reviews twin room old town breakfast buffet is hotel is excellent sunbeds and umbrellas bulgaria sea meters
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Here is the good, the bad and the ugly from my perspective.

The Good/Great

- Great location. Right in the middle between New and Old town Sozopol and right on the beach. At night, weather you want to party or you want a quiet dinner and walk along the fortress wall or Old town it's all right there.
- Clean and specious rooms. Comfortable beds. We booked 2 apartments and both were great, with big balconies overlooking the pool and partial view of the sea.
- Nice pool (water was a bit cold for my liking and for the kids but it was tolerable)
- Nice breakfast (not dinner and lunch) was good with variety of options.

The bad - this is not a 4* hotel by any means.

- OK I know parking is a mess pretty much everywhere in Sozopol. But don't claim you have a free parking when you only have a few "reserved" spots literary on the sidewalk in front of people's business (who come out and yell at you when you try to park because you are blocking the accesses to their business).
- Ever heard of "All inclusive - Lite" - don't be fooled. This is not all inclusive at all - it is full board. Food is served 3 times a day in one restaurant at certain time windows.There are two bars - one at the pool and one in the lobby/terrace but non of them is part of the so called All inclusive. You can only get house wine, beer or soda from the restaurant in between meals but be ready to have warm flat soda (not just once but every day). Not a 4* hotel!
- Food (except for breakfast) was OK at most. Not many choices. Usually one soup (if any), no more than 2 main dishes, 3-4 appetizer/side dishes, 3-4 salads, pretty much same 2-3 fruits every day, a few deserts and ice cream. My daughter got sick but we ate outside the hotel too so I wouldn't blame it on them. Again, 2 main course dishes is not my understanding of a 4* all inclusive hotel.
- Wi-fi was hit and miss (mostly miss). It was best late at night when everyone is in bed or a few hours during the day when most people are at the beach. Other than that is was virtually unusable.
- At one of the apartments we had to chose whether to plug the TV or the AC since there was only one outlet around. When asked for an extension cord (in the afternoon, right after we checked in) they politely told me the earliest will be available tomorrow when the maintenance guy comes to work?! Not a 4* service!
- The next day I asked for iron to straighten my clothes. Again very politely they said they do not provide iron but could iron my clots for a fee. Talk about all inclusive! 4* hotel with no iron!?

I addressed all of the above with the staff but of course they very politely just did nothing about it.

To help you understand I'm not some spoiled woman crying over flat soda and iron, i would say this:
Non of the above would have bother me a slight bit if it wasn't for the price. When the price you pay does not corresponds to the service you get, that's when I get really upset. We paid REAL 4* ALL INCLUSIVE hotel price for no more than 2* quality of service.
It's a shame because the location and the hotel itself are great but I would only go back there if I'd pay no more than a third of what we paid and get only bed/breakfast instead of the so called All inclusive.

4  Thank TravelerNI
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Not a big boom, but location of the hotel is excellent. You just step some meters, and jump into the Black Sea. :) The garden of the hotel was beautiful, every day gardener came and beautify the flowers. :) We used the hotel own sunbeds and umbrellas for free. If u would like to rent sunbeds and umbrella on the beach, it cost 25 leva.
The breakfast was a little bit boring, every day the same, but had a wide range variety of foods.
Some informations about the rooms: our room and bathroom was very big, but the terrace was so tiny (not enough for 2 pax), and the shower was really narrow.
The staff was very kindly and helpful!
I can't recommend to pay halfpension, or all inclusive, because there are many restaurants with delicious seafoods, pizzas and pastas all over Sozopol old and new town. Try them, be open for the bulgarian culinary cuisine! :)
Sozopol is a diamond of the Black Sea, my favourite town at the south coast. If u like a romantic week in a traditional, bulgarien town, with red flowers, street music, cozy restaurants and marvelous sunsets, visit Sozopol! ;)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hellokitca
Reviewed July 27, 2017

The pictures of the hotel do not show the standard of the roms. We wherer expected a better standard at this hotel out of the pictures on web.
The balcony was so small that it was hard for too people to sit there.
They put us in a twin room and would not help us change to a double
The beds where not good
.We heard very well what was said in the room next door.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

We travel every year to Sozopol. Visited this hotel for the 4th time in a row. We made friends there - a family from Norway and have our summer meeting there in July every year, so it's kind of our vacation home.
The staff is nice: reception was always there to answer our questions about our small trip to Sunny Beach one of the days; lobby bar - nice people, greetings to Stefan; Rooms were clean and confy. My wife is vegetarian and she had a great choice by breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant.
The hotel is next to the beach, where we had to pay for umbrella lounge, but sometimes we used these, which were positioned around the hotel's pool - just a few steps from the sand (for free).
We had some bad weather in the beginning of our stay, when we couldn't visit the beach, but we made a trip to Sunny Beach for a change. One of the days we visit a modern built castle near Sozopol.
We will visit Villa List again next year!

1  Thank georgearshinkov
Reviewed June 19, 2017

First let me be positive about the place. The views of the sea were spectacular, if the partially built blocks were ignored, and the two of the lobby bar staff were excellent, especially the man in shorts from Dryanovo and the young girl who was always smiling. These two made our stay very pleasant indeed. However, the rest of the staff were either non-plussed, badly trained or OK (certainly not four-star).

The outdoor pool was adequate and my niece enjoyed it greatly, but the indoor pool and jacuzzi were permanently off-limits for cleaning, so we were slightly misled by the promise of an indoor pool from the description in booking.com. The rooms were adequate but smaller than anticipated and certainly not four star. They were clean but the toiletries were basic, the TV tiny and there was only one useable socket for charging phones. In one of the rooms, the door jamb collapsed as we were closing the door. Thankfully it narrowly missed my mother and it was not a heavy piece of wood.

The layout of the hotel was confusing to say the least with an odd numbering system and numerous labyrinthine staircases that would have put Hogwarts to shame. The lift also had a mind of its own and the buttons seemed inoperable at times.

The breakfast was comprehensive and varied but there was a distinct lack of labelling which would have assisted anyone with food preferences or those unfamiliar with Bulgarian dishes. The coffee on offer was dreadful, coming from a machine which dispensed a morning beverage worse than instant coffee, something I though would never exist. The breakfast staff seem only trained to collect empty plates, which they seemed to do milliseconds after the diners had finished (or even before).

Bad weather necessitated us to forego our usual walk to a nearby restaurant, so we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. Big mistake. A limited menu, especially for vegetarians. Even more limited when they told us they had no mozarella for a salad. The alternative offered was terrible stale broccoli soup with soggy croutons. One order was served wrongly with cheese and another didn't arrive at all. The manager was apologetic but this was by far the worst service I have had in any restaurant, and I have eaten in some tiny, spartan places.

All-in-all, the stay was disappointing and was not what we expected, especially for the price, which we splashed out in the hope of receiving something special.

And the Villa List was nowhere near special.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family