“Good meat and great staff”
Review of Casa Mauricio

Casa Mauricio
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2015

We stopped here for a late lunch - arriving after 1.30 and being welcomed is a unusual experience in France. The restaurant was still fairly full but the food we ordered came very quickly. The other half had a chicken and pork kebab that was delicious,followed by a very good lemon meringue pie, the pudding of the day. My cuttlefish and albondigas was a bit so-so - the veal meatballs were delicious but the cuttlefish was overcooked and rubbery. Nonetheless, we both enjoyed our meal and will go back again if we are in the area.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Lovely setting with very friendly staff. We had a great selection of tapas to start with. Paella was ordered in our group and they loved it. We had the Zarzuela...seafood casserole with potatoes. Wow...it was delicious, fresh and huge. Washed down with a great selection of beers and sangria. Desserts were from a variety dishes on offer. The cafe liégois was delicious although a little too sweet for my taste.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

We went out with a group of friends to try Paella and weren't disappointed. It was lovely as were the tapas before hand. The service was very good as well.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed February 12, 2015

Finding a little Spanish restaurant in this thermal springs mountain resort was a treat! Sufficient Spanish ambience in the decor and music to sit appropriately with the fare.

Nice choice of appetizers and main dishes to suit any budget. I enjoyed it and would like to try more.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed December 13, 2014

After a couple of falls on the slopes for my Ginger friend, I thought the least I could do was get him some tapas.
We were getting the train at 20:20 and arrived at 19:20.

The place filled up quickly and the food smelt Amazing. Our food took time but I guess that shows it is fresh. It tasted incredible!!

We were in a hurry towards the end due to the train so we ate quickly and apologised about needing to get the train in broken brummy French!!

It obviously worked as speedy Gonzales (the owner I think), followed us out the door with a shout of "I drive"! He left a busy resturant to take two obviously lost, clueless and sun burnt UK guys to the station!

For that he deserves some sort of Medal in my opinion! Legend

Date of visit: December 2014