“The perfect place to stay in Santorini”
Review of Whitedeck Hotel

Whitedeck Hotel
Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We loved the Oniro Suites. The location in Imerovigli was perfect and the view was breathtaking. the room (the family volcano suite) was large and was perfect for our family of 4. Dimitris Gkikas is the manager and he stopped at nothing to make our stay enjoyable. He advised us on activities, explained the bus routes, made dinner reservations and even gave us a ride into Fira for lunch on our first day. He is wonderful and so is Oniro Suites. When in Santorini, it is the perfect place!

Room Tip: Volcano suite was spacious and very cozy. It has a small kitchenette and a very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Thanks for the warm treat by the hotel manager. Especially like the outfit of the cave house. It's such an unforgettable stay, we did enjoy the jacuzzi with stars high in the sky and the breakfast with the stunning seaview of the Aegean Sea.

Must go again!!

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Every things in this hotel is great !
The welcoming, the room, the view, the breakfast, the localization.
The manager is always available to discuss, with smile.
The bedroom is spacious and shiny.
The breakfeast is very big and delicious.
The place is calm and romantic.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Everything was excellent, the view was beautiful, the room was clean and the service was excellent and Dimitris is very kind and professional.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

This report is to express my jovial regards and thanks to one of the most caring hotel manager Dimitris.We stayed 4 nights there with my girlfriend and we both enjoyed every minute of the stay. This is my sixth visit to santorini yet i have never ever experienced such a heavenly mixture of beauty till now nor have i ever stayed in such a warm grandeur in any hotel rooms .The view from the balcony of my room was simply and truly mesmerizing.We want to return there as soon as we will have the oportunity, this hotel being excelent for couples. I strongly recommend it to everyone

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Very nice place with a wonderful landscape. The room was both far enough of the crowd and close to restaurants.
The room is confortable, always clean, suitable for a "family cocooning" week-end.
The host is both warm and discreet and always smily,"thank you Dimitris ! ". The adresses given by the host was always pertinent and in accordance with our wishes.
For sure we'll come back ! ! !

2  Thank Daniel26230
Reviewed 27 May 2011

OMG, we had a heart attack coming here, within minutes of arriving to the location i was excited, within a second of seeing the room I was ready to leave.

When i booked this place May 2011 there were no reviews, its not like me as i like to checkout the hotel before i book just like most people. For some reason i took a chance and I even called the owner and he sold me the "Honeymoon" suite. Now I know alarm bells should have been ringing getting Honeymoon suite at almost 140 euros, but from the pictures everything looked great, views, Jacuzzi and the room. So i thought, how bad can it be, 3 star at worst?

I have to be fair to this place, but id like to warn others as i dont want anyone to expect something outstanding just because they hear the words honeymoon suite! I booked this for my girlfriends 30th, so i thought being the honeymoon suite its one of the best rooms you'll get at the hotel. It was, but was barely 3*, it was a disappointment for both of us and ruined my surprise.

The room has an AMAZING view, its at the highest point, nice lounge, ok bedroom, dampish bed/towels and a toilet/showroom ill never forget. I think ive seen better tolets in London underground, ok slight exaggeration. Toilet was tinny, closet size, sink i that looked like a bedpan (no joke), was clean just looked dirty, no place to put toiletries. Shower and tub, let me explain, it was a shower head with a shower curtain the type that stick to you when you shower, the tub was the shower with a built wall about 2 foot high, it was an area of about a meter by 1.5 meters. I think this is a fair representation of the suite.

The manager, was extremely helpful and apologetic. He went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, set up the jacuzzi which did take about 6 hours to warm up! He was more than happy to move us to another room with a jacuzzi that was less in the public view, and one without a tub/wall in the toilet. Breakfast was very nice, internet connection, tv, music system, air-con. Everything was good but my expectations were raised by their false advertising and toilet closet. Luckily, after a few phone calls which cost me almost £50/60 and three days later we were offered a refund for the remaining stay and found a nicer place.

So, would i stay their again? yes, now i know what to expect, I wont pay 140 because for extra 30 euros/night you can stay in a more pleasant place. For those wanting to book this place, please dont be put off, i think its better that you know what you are getting than expecting something exquisite because of the pictures. Also bear in mind, other hotels are much more expensive, only 5min walk from Oniro and you could be paying 170-400 euros per night for exactly same view, less space but nicer bathrooms, trust me we checked out at least 5-8 other hotels.

If you are not phased by my description of the tolet, this place is nice with very nice management and good value for money comparing to other places. Sitting outside at night it beautiful, because its higher up then all the other hotels. Book with the understanding its not a place you would stay if its a special occasion and you want to impress your other half.

I will post a pic of the toilet soonish.

4  Thank alladin01