“Beautiful hotel and room with the best host and guide” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Remezzo Villas

Remezzo Villas
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Tel Aviv
“Beautiful hotel and room with the best host and guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have spend in the hotel 3 night and 4 days. The room we got was amazing: traditionally structured, huge, clean and romantic. The hotel host was mostly our tour guide through Santorini, rather then our hotel host :). he has explained to us the main attractions and suggested the best places to visit. All of his recommendation on restaurants and attractions where great.
The hotel have fantastic view and location. the atmosphere is clam, but it is close to the center in a 5 min drive.
Generally we had a peaceful romantic vacation. we really recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Eugene OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

The highlight of our visit to Greece was our stay at the Remezzo in the village of Imerovigli on Santorini. We were upgraded to a nicer room when we arrived at no extra cost; this was a small apartment with a sitting room, bedroom and a tiny kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had a large jacuzzi (a bit surprising since fresh water is not abundant on the island). The view out the front window and door is of a terrace with the pool and beyond it the caldera of Santorini. If the weather had been willing we'd have seen the famous Santorini sunsets over the caldera, without having to go anywhere. Breakfast was abundant and tasty. We were there over Greek Easter and were invited to join the family for the traditional roast lamb dinner, which we did. Everyone was very friendly and made us as welcome as possible. I can't imagine a nicer place to stay, and the price was very reasonable.
Tip: bring a few packets of tea or coffee, sugar, etc as the kitchen has dishes and pots but no condiments or beverages in the room (other than a bottle of water in the mini fridge). There is a local mini mart with wine, sodas, and souvenirs, but not much else. If you are used to an early breakfast and coffee, be aware the hotel breakfast is not served until 9am.
The walk from Imerovigli to central Fira is an interesting 40 minutes; the village of Imerovigli becomes Firastephani and then Fira, without much break between them. A more remote walk is the other direction, to Oia on the northern tip; allow 2 hours for that one way, and have study shoes and if the winds are strong (they certainly were during our visit) a trekking pole is a good idea.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Booked Remzzo Villas through Booking.com but by the time we got there, there is no room for us. They didn't tell us and we had been waiting for almost 3,4 hours in the reception. Ended up they got us a room from another villas (pretty poor standard) and still pretended that is the villas we booked. Although the second day they have moved back to their villas (said it like they offered us a free upgrade) and offered us a suite for compensation. The whole trip was kind of ruined after stayed first night in the poor villas.

Apart from the problem above, the villas is a gem. The room is nice, tidy and good decorated. The pool is well maintained. Amazing view from the hotel. The breakfast is gorgeous. Home liked feeling. The staffs are so helpful and gave us so many suggestions about travelling in Santorini. Introduced us some good restaurants.

If not because of the bad memory of first day. I would rate this villas for all 4+*. If you ask me rather I will return this villas I doubt. Since I want to make sure my trip goes as my plan.

Room Tip: Only book from their official website to make sure they really have a room for you.
3 Thank crystalmemo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We loved our trip to Santorini and our stay at the Remezzo Villas! Definitely recommend it if you are looking for a hotel in Imerovigli. If you prefer more shopping/touristy stuff you may prefer a hotel in Fira or Oia, but this hotel was perfect for us.

Quick Overview:
Hotel/grounds: 4/5
Room: 4/5
Service: 5/5
View: 5/5
We went for our 10 year wedding anniversary so we were looking for something small and romantic. Everything was white washed with blue doors - very clean and beautiful. Lots of steps as it is built into the side of cliff - Exactly what I pictured a hotel in Santorini would be! I have a few pictures of our terrace/view (beautiful!).

The honeymoon suites were booked so we opted for a Superior Ocean view room and it was a fairly large room with a kitchenette, table 2 chairs and a "sofa" (more a ledge with cushions). At the time we traveled (Sept 2011) the bathroom hadn't been updated. So it was just a pedestal sink (no where to put toiletries, hair dryer, make up, etc) and a shower with a hand-held nozzle. When you washed your hair you had to set it down - nowhere to hook it. sometimes made for a cold shower experience, but it wasn't that big of a deal. The towels were also thin and a little scratchy, but again, I wasn't expected a luxury experience and i've traveled in Europe before... I think there have been some updates done recently though, so may not even be an issue.

What I didn't expect and what I've never experience when traveling to Europe, Mexico and Carribbean was the personal service we received by the owner. It truly made our trip special - so while the hotel itself is a real gem, I really feel like I can positively recommend this hotel to everyone because of the service. In the morning, I went to the lobby area to inquire about activities around the island. Vassili offered me some Greek coffee and then loaded up a plate with some breakfast bread (not sure what it was but SO good). On my way out, I asked if they would just bill it to my room or how much it was. He just looked at me and said it's only a cup of coffee and waved me off. And we did not opt for the breakfast option. We booked all our excursions (sunset cruise and volcano hike was nice!) at the front desk. They made restaurant (and even specific dish) recommendations - always spot on. Take advice from Vassili - he will not lead you astray and you will enjoy your stay so much more!

This hotel is not really by any of the major sites on Santorini, so if you want to do the sunset sail, or see the windmills in Oia, you are going to have to find a means of transportation. We walked to Fira - it took us 30-45 minutes walking along the ocean front path. We took the bus to Oia (super cheap- I think around 8 euros for the 2 of us round trip.) The bus was nice - like one of those coach tour buses (definitely not like the one in Jamaica -but that's another story!). I saw some people rent 4 wheelers and that looked like fun.

So many times when traveling I have been disappointed, not because I'm hard to please but it really irritates me that what is listed in the room/hotel description is not what is offered. Well, this hotel exceeded our expectations. It was perfect for a quiet, romantic anniversary trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarala_11
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Remezzo Villas back in September. We stayed in both Fira and Imerovigili while in Santorini. We found Imerovigili to be a quiter than Fira which we enjoyed. The views from all of thte rooms were picture perfect, the rooms and beds were clean and neat, and the owner was very helpful and seemed to want to make our stay very memorable in any way he could. He even put us up in the honeymoon suite for one of the nights free of charge. He cooked delicious food for us (special for my husband who has a dairy alllergy). The location is good as long as you don't mind staying outside of Fira and Oia which are two bigger towns (the plus side is that Imerovigili is between the two, also you can walk from Imerovigili to Fira) I would definately recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy E
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We went here in July 2010! but it won't let us go back that far! so its been a while, Just catching up on all my reviews.

We loved the views and the simple style of this hotel. The owner is personable and is very good at making suggestions of what do. The views are breathtaking and the pool is nice and quiet. - Lovely.

The only hitch? We were asked to moved to their "sister" hotel for two nights, which they said was going to be an "upgrade". yes the room was big and yes there was a jacuzzi bath..but it was not modern at all..dated, the jacuzzi looked liked it hadnt be used since 1985..we complained and was moved back to Remezzo who we booked with! that did leave some tension as the owner was a nice guy that we got to know.

Great hotel - but just make sure that you don't get moved.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NZersabroadLondon
Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Perfect room , excellent design !Very comfortable mattresses .Quite good breakfast and excellent view

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple