“Peaceful, pet friendly property.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ardboula House

Sunroom - lounge.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunroom - lounge.
Breakfast nook, overlooking grounds, inches from fresh herbs.
Laundry / Back Kitchen with inside line and access to outside clothes line - Washer and dryer
Lounge room with balcony access at the top of the spiral stairs
King Bed Upstairs Master, with ensuite.
Upstairs Master bedroom with ensuite
Twin beds - covert to Super-king upon request.
Optional day bed for young children - extra bed makes 9!
Upstairs bathroom with quadrant bath, shower over bath, toilet and sink.
Twin beds zipped together as a superking
Expansive balcony overlooking grounds and neighbouring fields.
Balcony shot
Organic produce to harvest and enjoy.
Pumpkin Patch 2014
Handcrafted seating area for 20+ !! - awaiting firepit :)
August 2014 - Open Day Ardboula House.
Quality assured by Failte Ireland since 2015
5 minute drive from the village of Tulla
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Susan O
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Peaceful, pet friendly property.”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Great size property, comfy beds, owners available if required, just had to replace a bulb in kitchen, but never intrusive. Loved the vegetable garden at the front, which I am most envious about, able to have fresh vegetables for dinner every night. Utility room a great size with a couple of lines for hanging washing to dry should weather be temperamental. We had quite dry weather each day we were there however with heavy rain only at night time which therefore didn't cause us any problems.
Had to do a fair bit of driving as our intention was to visit as much of the main sites as we could, have never been to Ireland before. Enjoyed our stay.

PamMeath
Meath
“Fantastic Holiday Home in Tulla Clare”
Reviewed May 21, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Just back from a week in Clare where we stayed (7 of us) in Ardboula House. Fabulous house and location which was made even more enjoyable by the warm welcome received from the owners Christine and Willie. House is beautiful with everything supplied that you could possibly need for a home away from home. The location is ideal for driving to the various tourist spots. Would highly recommend a visit to Brogans in Ennis - food is superb. Tulla village is only 4km from the house for any supplies and Peppers restaurant is excellent for food and entertainment and is located in nearby Feakle. All in all a wonderful rental for a holiday.

24 May 2017
Thank you Pam. We really enjoyed meeting you and your family. I cannot thank you enough for taking such care of our property during your stay. We hope your Mum enjoyed the rhubarb!
Rita W
“Wonderful, spacious and warm”
Reviewed October 4, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Really enjoyed the stay, the house is lovely warm and spacious.
It was great, Christine was a wonderful host and gave us a lovely cake when we arrived.
Great value.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
15 Dec 2016
Delightful guests that would be very welcome back. We hope to meet again one day. Thank you :)
Reviewed August 24, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
4 Sep 2016
It was fantastic to host the musical families for the Fleadbh in Ennis to see the house full of people and music. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay - better luck next year with the competitions!
JHamm22
Rota, Spain
“THE Perfect Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 8, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I cannot say enough about Ardboula House and Christine. The house is absolutely stunning, spacious, clean, and comfortable. We stayed three nights and I think I could have settled in forever. You cannot find a better or more gracious host than Christine. She took the time to walk my children through her garden and teach them about all of the plants, researched beforehand our best options for traditional music, invited us down to their farm so my horse addict daughters could see her horse, printed our boarding passes, and even did a load of laundry for me and returned it folded! You will not regret choosing to stay here, but you might kick yourself for not staying longer. It was a perfect jumping off point for the Cliffs of Moher, Galway, and Bunratty castle.

Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
10 Jun 2016
It was an absolute pleasure to meet and spend time with the Hamm family. An awesome group of children that are both interested and interesting. Our farmhouse was respected and very well minded by a large family that would be welcome anywhere. I'd give them 9 and 3/4, but the Harry Potter fans deserve a 10! Thank you for staying with us, we would be delighted to see you again.
anfa123
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect venue for a family holiday.”
Reviewed May 3, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We booked this for a family holiday in the area. Christine the owner was amazing in catering for all our needs and even baked a cake for our family reunion in Tulla village. The house is very large with plenty of room for children and adults to relax. Bedrooms are spacious and have fantastic views. We thoroughly enjoyed touring around County Clare and there were many exciting things for the children and the adults. Ennis was a 20 minute drive away and had great restaurants and pubs.
We also were able to watch a Guinness world record holder practice his skills in the field across from the house. He is the current holder of the world record for Sheaf Tossing and works hard to perfect his skills beside the holiday rental. Definitely an entertainment at dinner!

Liked best: The peace and quiet. The spaciousness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
4 May 2016
Anna, Raymond and their family are dream guests - they are friendly, lovely people that enjoyed the house, and left it in mint condition. We love to see the house filled in every room. Any property owner would be lucky to welcome the Fallen family - but I hope they come back to us!
Notakabuk...
Yucca Valley, California
“Neamh (a piece of Heaven)”
Reviewed February 14, 2016 for a stay in September 2015

Ok , Well First of all It has taken me months to be able to have time and sit down to write this since I arrived home here in California. I planned this trip to visit a dear Cousin In Scotland whose not well. To spend 2 weeks travelling by myself. In the process it worked out that i was able to take my Mother along and her one request was to spend the first week in the ancestral land of her fathers. So,To Ireland we went. From my past visits I've been in love with Co.Clare.
I first saw Arboula House and fell in love with the charm of this place via pictures. We drove in from Dublin and arrived in the wee hours of the morning. The house warm and welcoming. There was a lovely note from Christine on the chalk board welcoming us. We had a bit of bake goods waiting for us that she had generously taken the time to bake for us. The Family stopped by later that morning to welcome us in. Christine and Willie are truly some of the most kind hearted people you'll ever meet.
The O'briens don't barge in like other Owner's, though they are there: whether by phone , in person if you need help with anything ,if you have a question on how something works or even just advice on where to visit or eat at.
The organic Garden is Beautiful. You can feel the love and joy put into restoring this place. I have told everyone I know if you ever feel the need to visit Ireland to visit Tulla and book Ardboula House. My Mom and I had a wonderful peaceful time in the O'Briens lil' bit of heaven. It truly was a treasure to meet Willie and Christine and the children . Thank you So much for doing this, I found the bit of closure and healing I needed fron the car accident and the loss of my dog. truly a piece of heaven. Raymi Ann Kelso

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing, it was wonderful.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
23 Feb 2016
Raymi - so lovely to read your letter. I was thinking of you, and your Mum, recently as we've been working on the garden again after so much rain this winter. A few changes have been made, I must update photos and send them to you - the kids would love some photos of you guys, especially the hot-rods! I hope you had a wonderful visit with your cousin in Scotland and have found a special place for your lucky horseshoe <3. Thank you so much for your beautiful, kind words - I hope this letter finds you well and happy and that 2016 brings restorative health to you all. Thank you - until we meet again x Christine, Willie, Georgia, Tristan & Cassidy - and Reilly the dog ;)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing