“Great spot and good food”
Review of Garbatona

Garbatona
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Gravedona
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We took a day trip to Gravedona from Colico and arrived here shortly after opening, after a day of rain .... there were plastic tables outside, but as these were wet they were seating people inside .... whilst there were 3 tables out of about 15 occupied, we were shown through to the back area, next to the kitchen where there were around 4 tables .... was ok, but a bit dingy and 'out the way' --- I asked if we could sit in the main restaurant to look out the front, but they were reserved --- granted there were reserved signs on a LOT of the tables .... and I'm just not sure if they were reserved, or 'being held' for select people ..... did get that impression, but hey I'm not using a crystal ball!!

Family of 4 with a 10 and 14 years old, ordered 2 soft drinks, 4 pizzas and litre of house white ..... the wine arrived and I could see a lot of 'bubbles' in it .... almost prosecco like ... I tried the wine and there was definitely a 'fizz' to it .... I questioned the waiter with my litmied Italian !! "Frizzanti" ?! To which he was replying no ..... a second waiter came and said it was just how it was stored, due 'to pressure' ..... the fizz was only visible not actually in the taste ...... short of saying 'It is fizzy try it!" I said it wasn't for us and could we change it for the house red ........ they did so, and this was ok!

Pizza's were great - well cooked and tasty.
The girls had a mango sorbet, and we ordered a tiramisu which my wife loved.

Overall 2 bottles water, coke, apple juice, litre house red, 4 pizza's and the desserts above the bill was €65 so all in all not a bad price - think if the sun was out and we could sit outside would have made the experience even better, but not their fault!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We first tried this for take-away pizza on a Saturday but the restaurant was too busy. Went on Sunday evening about 7pm. All outside tables were booked but we got a nice table inside with a perfect view of the lake and mountains. We just had one course each a pasta, pizza, lasagne and pork. All very nice and arrived at the table fairly quickly. Wine is quite cheap and very nice too. Came to 50 euros in total. No indication of slow service at all. Will certainly go again.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Lovely food reasonably priced and good service! Nice choice of pizza's but also fish and meat too. I'd definitely return.............

Reviewed June 23, 2017

What a find this was - sadly it was at the end of our trip.
The restaurant is a few 100 metres down from the main strip of restaurants, so you could be forgiven for missing it. the restaurant has a big indoor and outdoor seating area and has views of the lake.

The food here is amazing here. It is a small menu, keeping it traditional with pizzas, pastas and salad. The value for money is great - portions are family style.

The staff here were the most attentive, polite and accommodating of anywhere in the town. I would definitely recommend you visit this restaurant.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely little place set slightly from the lake. The food is amazing here. One week in Italy and it's the first place with proper pizza and pasta made for locals.

Honestly don't waste your time elsewhere if you're avoiding sea food and just want some honest Italian good food, come here and enjoy.

Waiting staff also lovely and polite.