“Not Impressed”

Ristorante Pizzeria Il Grottino
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Description: "Il Grottino" restaurant, will give you a wonderful experience with delicious fish and meat plates prepared by our Chef. Furthermore,you could enjoy your meal sitting outside the restaurant in the crowded old street,Via Roma,in the old town of Polignano in the summer hot days even in the winter we offer you seats inside the restaurant.
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Went to this restaurant after reading all the previous good reviews, so im guessing we were just unlucky and ate on a bad night.
The starters were nice but my steak was mediocre at best. My wifes pizza was the worst she had ever been served anywhere. The staff were not that attentive either, although to be fair when the pizza was brought to their attention it was removed from the bill. As the title says, overall, not impessed.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Good food, good service, a little on the pricier side for the quantity of food (12 euros for 4 king prawns) but you do get complimentary crudite, bread and olives. Recommended if you're in the area. Nice to be able to sit outside and watch the world go by. Also slightly away from the touristy centre.

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Tasty pizza, good seafood, very welcoming waiters. It was a very pleasant evening with friends and I would recommend this no frills place if you're looking for fresh, yet simple meals.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Amazing langoustines, steak, tuna steak & wine. Very reasonable prices. 6 langoustines and tuna steak and a beef steak with a bottle of wine was €50. Perfect!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Just got back to our apartment after having the most beautiful meal. While we waited for our meals the waiter served us complimentary appetizers.
My husband and I both had a beautiful pasta, freshly cooked and beautifully presented. We then succumbed to desert, I had the chocolate soufflé and my husband the tiramisu. I can still taste the chocolate.
All served by a very friendly owner and staff, you can't ask for any more.