“Great lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Quick lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the pulled pork meatball with pasta and the wife had the seafood pasta both excellent.
Well worth a visit!

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I found this restaurant on trip advisor and decided to pay a visit for lunch since it is only a 5min walk from Cala Porto. The restaurant was empty at 2:30pm but don't let that deter you! The seafood here is very fresh and they are prepared in a simple way to preserve the original flavors. The seafood appetizer is a must-have dish, the octopus and cuttlefish were tossed in olive oil and fresh parsley, with a hint of acidity from perhaps lemons. I wanted to finish the dish but the portion size was very hearty! When I was in cinque terre, I was disappointed at how flavorless some of their olive oil-based seafood pasta was. I am glad that I came across the seafood cavatelli at Antica Trattoria, which restored my faith in Italian seafood pasta. The seafood pasta was prepared in a simple but authentic way - tossed in olive oil with fresh parsley. The juices from the seafood were locked in the oil coating every single piece of homemade cavatelli. I managed to finish the dish even though I was already pretty full from the appetizer. My bf ordered the orecchiette in tomato sauce with meat roll. The tomato sauce was quite zesty and the dish was good, but we thought the seafood dishes here were more memorable. We had a brief chat with Giuseppe (owner of the restaurant) after our meal and discovered that this is a home restaurant of three generations and have been around since WW2! Giuseppe's mother is the chef and they believe in traditional recipes, which is the best kind of cooking in my opinion. Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Great home style Italian food. We had Gamberini and also Pasta Vongole. They were both extremely well prepared and presented. The manager was very welcoming and attentive and this meal was a great highlight of our time in the town. Off the Touristico Trail.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner last night. The food was delicious, service excellent and all was really well priced. I would definitely recommend, we had a lovely evening, thank you!

Reviewed April 21, 2018

I went with two cousins and we ate here. One cousin had already been here before.

We ate a delicious selection of cheese and meat and ate tagliatelle of two different types (one of fungi and two of tomato). It was greatly delicious!!

People serving was nice and strangely there were not anybody there while the more centric restaurants were full.

Prices were at the level of the quality of the overall service.