All reviewsmain buildinggreat locationold townwashing machinebreakfast roomtrain stationlovely townroof terracethe ownerauroraanticamareannexluggagebedroombalconiesstylish
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Absolutely charming B&B with excellent staff who understand English and will answer all of your questions. I had a gorgeous room with exposed stone walls and a very large porch. The shower is a bit tight, but that's just being picky because there was plenty of hot water and that's a huge plus. I can't praise the room and staff and location enough. Everything was in perfect working order. Lovely breakfast with delicious cappuccinos. The B&B can arrange a car to drive you to Polignano a Mare and you can hire them for other places, as well. If you drive, note that the parking is about a mile away in a small field (middle of town) with a gate. We needed a key to open the gate. The hotel itself is in the old, historic part of town, which is fabulous! There is no way to park in there, so it's nice that the B&B has parking at all. I believe there is a small fee. Walk to the beach, walk to the statue, walk around the old town, walk to everything you could want to see in Polignano a Mare. The first night it was a Friday and people were having fun in the streets, so it was noisy, but it didn't inhibit me from falling asleep. I slept very comfortably. I will definitely stay here again, next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

This B&B is clean and comfortable, providing an atmosphere of an older home but with modern amenities (also good wi-fi in room). The front desk provided help with finding restaurants for the evening and anything we wanted to see. They also offered help to get bags up to rooms since it is a climb from the front entrance up to the rooms. They have a separate parking area (extra fee) about 3-4 blocks away that is gated.
The location of the room fronts onto the main road in the central district so there is a bit of road noise. Also, below the room on the street level there is a bar/restaurant that played music until after midnight.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2017

This place has a lot going for it - ideal location, friendly staff, delicious breakfast, charming rooms, and an amazing private balcony. We could have done without the quirky welcome however which involved way too much back-and-forth on our arrival time, where they were located (Google maps tells you the wrong entrance), and finding the car park which is basically in a field. It was a lot of hassle which I feel could be avoided by sending all guests this information in an standard email ahead of time (or putting it on the booking site as other hotels do). But all in all, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2016

My girlfriend and I stayed in the "deluxe" room which was the Newlywed Room! We had a good laugh at the fancy lighting and extra large shower room. Daria, the manager/owner was extremely helpful giving us directions from the train station, and calling us to make sure we knew what time to check in. We stayed in a grotto room which was a delight! The room was large and clean. Breakfast was wonderful...beside the delicious array of fresh fruit, cheeses, meats, breads, pastries, we had a choice of how we wanted our eggs! I had soft boiled, Lydia had fried over easy. We asked about a boat tour (highly recommend Dorino gite in Barca if the weather is good to do this). Stay at B&B Antico Mondo!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank BethFromKentucky
AnticoMondo, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at B&B Antico Mondo, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Thank you so much for these warm words!

Reviewed September 26, 2016

Three of us stayed at B&B Antico Mondo. Two stayed in a well equipped two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with dining area and kitchenette and large rooftop terrace and the third was in an upstairs room with spacious terrace in the nearby main building where we all gathered for breakfast.
Dario the front of house manager was brilliant. We were a bit daunted by the stairs to both our rooms but she insisted in on handling our luggage herself. She was a wonderful source of information about restaurants and organised a car and driver for us to go to nearby Alberobello, Ostuni and The Castellano Grotto caves on different days.

Room Tip: Our two bedroom upstairs apartment in the Annexe.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends