I have stayed at santa barbara once before and this time was just as good. I always look at trip advisor first for a few tips and was glad i did, A good tip was ask for a high floor, sea view, south or west wing, so we rang 2 weeks spoke to a lovely lady called victoria on reception and did just that and, we had a lovely apartment on the 6th floor, 605, it was light and airy, spacious, bright, had a flat screen tv, dvd and cd player, all the rooms were spotless, had plenty of crockery, cutlery, pots and pans, microwave, toaster and so on, bedroom had plenty of drawers, hangers, and space to put things, bathroom had plenty of towels, hair dryer, and the complimentary toiletries. Had a long balcony, didn,t get the sun until the middle afternoon but, we were out everyday in the mornings so it didn,t matter to us, the sea view wasn,t the best
as it was in the distance but it was still a nice view. It was the last room on the corridor away from the lift but that was good for us as it was quiet. All in all it was a lovely apartment and would stay it again. The check in was effortless, victoria arranged the transfer bus for us 14 euros, it was waiting for us so we were at the resort in no time, We arrived at about 13.00 and we checked in straight away as our apartment was ready. No hassle at all. Santa barbara is a lovely resort, very clean, plenty of water if you like to swim, there are a few bars and restaurants about but not many, san blas which is a nice 15 min walk or 5 mins in a taxi has plenty of nice bars and restaurants, and a night club, and souvenir shops, bank, jeweller etc, and for those sports mad people don,t worry there are some sports bars, there is also nightly entertainment at san blas. The bus service i don,t think is very good but, there is one so be patient. We had cause to ring reception twice while we were there, re: broken iron and light and both times they were fixed straight away. All in all i would recommend both santa barbara and sunset view, we have never stayed in the country club so can,t comment on that resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife/San Miguel De Abona, Canary Islands