All reviews ana maria costa brava early night beach front hotel room breakfast was buffet style cannot recommend this hotel highly enough his brother hear everything restaurants and bars fantastic breakfast mini bar very friendly helpful staff the sea view rooms fabulous restaurant short break other hotels in the area
Reviewed December 17, 2017

Took my family 80 years old to 18 years old on a holiday to Spain, we had five rooms booked seven months ahead and it was perfect. Old style rooms with plenty of light and breeze, bang on the beach, not too much traffic, fantastic breakfast, generous gin and tonics and great staff. It is not a budget stay and coming from the Southern Hemisphere anything in Euros seems expensive, how ever in this case it was well worth it.

Room Tip: For a quieter room don't face the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kabwe
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Despite decent to good reviews, my experience fell short. Unfortunately, as I was just passing through, I only had one night, so there wasn't any opportunity to change my impression. I was in a pretty small room, which can be expected as I was traveling alone. There was a large window but it looked directly across a short space into someone else window, so I didn't feel comfortable keeping my curtains open. The upside was the mini-bar, which I took advantage of since I arrived at a poor time in the afternoon to find food...a big problem for hungry hikers! The bathroom was a good enough size and well appointed. The bed was comfortable enough, however, it didn't matter how comfortable the bed was because of the noise down below my window as someone was power washing some type of equipment at 11:30 at night. It was a poor night's sleep. Breakfast was adequate. The man who made my coffee was lovely, but I found the desk attendant to be rather bland. I'm not hard to please, but I do appreciate friendly people and a good night's sleep!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank motherHEncinitas
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Comfortable stay, good sized rooms, fantastic location, very friendly helpful staff. Confortable large double bed - on the hard side which suited us perfectly. Tea and kettle provided on request. Good breakfast and we were allowed late check out at no extra cost.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2017

First, the good news. The works to the promenade at Llafranc have been completed and very smart they are now (eventually) and criically important to the hotel. Also, Ana-Maria has returned after a break of 4 years and Nasta after a serious injury.
The not so good news is that Jose Maria (who runs the hotel) and his brother Carles (who runs the Llafranc restaurant) still seem to be at loggerheads. It should be noted that the hotel also has its own restaurant, La Placa, which is better than the one on the sea-front, but inexplicably closed down for the season in September without notice.

Room Tip: As ever, rooms with balcony and front sea view worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in August for a few days. The hotel has a terrific location and a terrific lady called Ana Maria on the desk who very helpfully sorts out all issues , gives good advice and would be an asset to any hotel anywhere.
Our room was very good with a view over the square beside the hotel and on to the beach area.
There is a sun terrace which has terrific views over the resort.
The negative was the breakfast which was somewhat disorganised and not of the quality of other hotels in the area.
A pity. We didn't dine in the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple