“The hotel complex as a whole”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Florida Park

Hotel Florida Park
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
London, United Kingdom
“The hotel complex as a whole”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was our third visit to this particular hotel. The hotel was clean and the room we occupied was very comfortable and well maintained. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. On the whole it was good value for money. The complex was beautiful.

Room Tip: Always ask for poolside rooms as the view will be great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Busybe49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Essex, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I appreciate there are a few words in this review, but please read it if you are thinking of booking at Florida Park, or Santa Susana...

There are a few reviews of the hotel - and the surrounding area - that literally amaze me (in terms of what they fail to mention).

I'll start by saying I have had an unpleasant experience dealing with Florida Park after I completed my stay in August. (A refund I was promised in August has still not been provided to me, despite regular, and ongoing communication with Florida Park and the booking agent). HOWEVER, I don't think it's fair to let that cloud my judgment of the hotel itself, so this review will not be based on this experience.

Myself and my girlfriend read many reviews of Florida Park - both on TripAdvisor, and other wbesites - before we booked our stay. Some of the impressions you may get are inaccurate, so I'll give you an average person's (accurate) account of what to expect if you book with Florida Park.

Firstly, Santa Susana. Your opinion of the town of Santa Susana will depend entirely on what you're looking for from your holiday. Santa Susana is a very manufactured, artificial town. We were looking for an authentic Spanish town - our mistake - Santa Susana is the polar opposite. If you're looking for all inclusive hotels, plenty of noise, are not worried about food much, and are happy to stay in your complex for your holiday, Santa Susana may be okay for you.

If you're after a few small Spanish restaurants and a bit of paella, please do NOT stay in Santa Susana. You''ll be far more interested in Roses, L'Estartit, L'Escala and possibly, maybe Calella. Do not venture further south than that... We did plenty of driving up and down the Costa Brava, and it's almost 100% a complete divide - the south of the Costa Brava is plastic and manufactured, the north is authentic and quaint.

Now onto the Florida Park hotel. I'll start by saying the welcome I got was very pleasant. The staff were helpful and friendly, car parking is just across the road to the hotel, and we were given a very nice room. The sea view rooms - if you're on a high floor - have nice views (of the sea funily enough!)

Unfortunately there are a small number of negatives, which are very, very big ones.

Firstly, the breakfast restaurant... Pigs around a trough is all I need to say. The quality of food is dreadful, and I'm hardly Gordon Ramsay! They have to bring in a large quantity of food to satisfy the massive demand in the hotel. (It's a large complex, and accordingly a huge breakfast room is packed to the rafters each morning - you can barely move or find a table to sit at). As a result of the quantity over quality approach, the food (even the cereal) is, to be polite, very poor.

The second one - and one which is harsh to criticise the hotel for, but I must mention it - is the location. I can't stress enough that the hotel is in a horrendous location. If you want to venture outside of the hotel to eat - which I would strongly advise - you'll find nothing of note in the surrounding area. Burgers and hotdogs is about all you'll find - which is fine, but I kind of hoped when I came to Spain there would be at least something a little traditional on offer...

All in all, I'd urge you to steer clear of the whole southern area of the Costa Brava if you're looking for authentic Spain. If you're looking for lots of sun, a few burgers and a few beers you may still want to consider Santa Susana (although I'd still highly advise against it).

One final footnote on a different subject - AVOID L'LORET DE MAR AT ALL COSTS!! Literally, the worst place I've been to in my life...

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Matt-L_UK
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Great value for money , clean spacious, good clientel, handy for train, beach ,shops etc. If you look you can find authentic Spanish cuisine nearer Malgrat.

Room Tip: Sure all were as good as ours.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ELAMARBAR
UK - East London/Essex Border
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Sixth trip in ten years, still a definate gem. Nothing much has changed over the years, still high standards of cleanliness and service. Still plenty of well cooked food with good variety and still terrific value for money

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ancient_Briton
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

No complaints about this hotel at all. The rooms were clean and quite spacious with a balcony and excellent air con. The food was varied and plentiful, even the fussiest of eaters could have found something to enjoy and it was buffet-style so you could eat as much as you liked. The entertainment was very good, and the bar prices were about the same as in the local bars. The pool area was large and clean, with a kiddies little pool and an adult one. It was also very close to the shops and bars and a short walk to the beach. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Some balconies have sea views. Those at the back have views of the hills.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mousepractice
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We came to Florida Park Hotel in August and enjoyed a fantastic holiday everything was perfect about the hotel, our room was really nice and clean with a view of the pool from the balcony, the food was excellent always freshly cooked/prepared and a marvelous variety to suit all tastes, the cleanliness of the hotel was of a very high standard both inside and out. The entertainment was excellent something for everyone whatever age. There are 2 pools (one for small children) which are both kept lovely and clean and supervised by the pool attendant all day. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The location is excellent Santa Susanna is a really nice resort we loved a walk every evening along the promenade where little stalls are set up selling all kinds of things (jewellery/toys/clothes etc). Then afterwards stroll back to the hotel to enjoy the entertainment
The best part of our holiday was the quality of the Hotel and looking forward to our fantastic evening meal every night.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend at the end of August 2011. I have been to Santa Susanna before and loved it but stayed at a different hotel. I chose this one because the previous reviews looked quite good. Well when we arrived my first impression was a very good one. Very clean and open spaced reception. The staff were pleasant from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We stayed on the 5th floor (top) and again the room was nice. Good bathroom too. We had a tv (only CNN in English) but the safe had to be paid for.We stayed on a B&B deal and I'm glad we did. The food at breakfast time was really good quality. So much choice and always hot and fresh no matter how early or late you ate. The pool area is a really good size with a pool to match and there were always plenty of sunbeds even though it was fully booked when we stayed. So in a nutshell, I would definately stay here again. May even go full board.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6.5 km away
Hotel Kaktus Playa
Hotel Kaktus Playa
#2 of 43 in Calella

Been to Hotel Florida Park? Share your experiences!