“Brilliant Big Breakfast”
Review of Twisted Currant

Twisted Currant
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Porthleven
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Description: Tea room serving traditional breakfasts, home made light lunches, cakes and cream teas, with gluten and dairy free options for meals and cakes
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My daughter and I stopped here for our breakfast whilst the two men went off for a sea adventure, kayaking around the Cornish coast. We had found this hidden gem on holiday in Porthleven two Summers ago, and were relieved to find it still thriving up the little side street. If I had a cafe myself I would want it to be exactly like this one. The lady who owns it is so lovely and friendly to all who come in. The fabulous selection of cakes are beautifully presented in glass domes with slate hearts telling you what they are. Our vegetarian breakfasts were delicious, served with huge doorstops of crusty brown toast. We intended returning later in the day to sample the chocolate chip scone cream tea, but sadly never made it (still too full from the breakfast). Another time........

1  Thank 8KateK

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

On holiday staying with a good friend at The Lizard who recommended lunch at Twisted Current, she said the owners are neighbours of her parents and the lunch would be very good, it wasn't good it was excellent, not just the food but the whole experience. I had lamb terrine with cous cous followed by home made treacle tart with custard, all was delicious. I tried the Tregothnan Cornish grown tea, it was lovely, I am hooked! We received a very warm and friendly welcome.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Delicious food with a varied menu. Homemade cakes to die for! Enjoyed the crab salad - the best I have had. Tregothnan Tea is served and enjoyed.
Welcoming owners and good service. Food is reasonably priced as well as delicious.
I can highly recommend and I will visit again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We had an hour to waste before an appointment...wow I'm glad we did the boss had a fruit scone cream tea, I dared a chocolate one and they were immense! Absolutely divine and the tea..it was gorgeous. Worth every penny and your shortbread . The only problem is I have to make sure I come back soon for another!!

1  Thank Bones1981
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Being in Cornwall a cream tea is a must! Having the choice of three is even better and that is exactly what this tea shop offers aswell as many other fantastic cakes. Absolutely amazing shortbread too!

1  Thank LLaurie08