1,074 results
All reviews afternoon tea drawing room turn down service country house hotel coach house deer park homemade shortbread the main house tasting menu ivy cottage amuse bouche dorset countryside hotel is beautiful cheese board spa treatments every member of staff the cottages
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

We arrived early the room wasn't ready so we went and used the pool, hot tub and sauna and a member of staff let us know when the room was ready for us to check in. We ordered room service. The choice was not great but after speaking to staff they made us something else which was perfect.
The room was big with a conservatory and a private outdoor area (room 18) and was spotlessly clean.
We had booked a table for 8pm so went down around 7pm for drinks. The bar was really cosy and they had an open fire. The choice of drinks especially whisky was amazing. Had a great meal and have to say all the staff we met were so polite and helpful. We would definitely like to stay again and would recommend this place.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded December 9, 2016

Dear Paul S,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad to see you were able to enjoy our Spa facilities prior to checking into you room and that we were able to provide a ‘perfect’ alternative to the dishes on our room service menu.
I’m pleased to learn that you found your room spotlessly clean, the bar cosy and my team polite and helpful. I am delighted to know that you will be recommending Summer Lodge and that you intend returning and I hope it won’t be too long before you are able to do so.

Severino
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2016

Stayed for two nights in a superior king bedroom only to find out I had been allocated a classic double very quickly remedied (moved from room 4 to 5) by a very apologetic receptionist which shows the professionalism of all the staff. rooms are well appointed and luxurious ,food in restaurant is to die for if a little stuffy much less formal for breakfast but equally as good. Spa facilities clean and sufficient for the amount of use lovely pool and jacuzzi.
well looked after by attentive staff at top notch hotel

Room tip: Nice garden views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelangelab
Management response:Responded December 9, 2016

Dear michaelangelab,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am delighted that you have found the team professional and in particular that we were quickly able to remedy the issue with the room initially allocated to you.
I’m also glad to know that you thought the food was ‘to die for’, but regret any ‘stuffiness’ you felt, as we strive to provide warm, friendly service in the restaurant at all times.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Summer Lodge, I hope we may get an opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the not too distant future.

Severino
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 16, 2016

I won't overwhelm you with superlatives, but this place is amazing. Well maintained grounds, ultra-clean and comfortable rooms, friendly and efficient (but not over-familiar) staff and a top-class restaurant. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Pool and surrounds was clean and pleasant to use.
Dogs are restricted to certain rooms, but ours was made very welcome.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil L

Dear Phil L,
Thank you very much for your kind review and comments on our well-maintained gardens, the comfort of our rooms and the friendliness and efficiency of the team. It is a great pleasure to know that you thought the restaurant is ‘top class’ and that you felt you received value for money.
I’m glad that your dog was made to feel welcome and I hope we may get an opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

Lovely pampered stay in beautiful location. The hotel was cosy and traditional and the food was truly magnificent. The staff were welcoming and friendly and we had a really lovely relaxing weekend. We are already planning our next visit.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear amandabamberg,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel cosy and traditional, the food magnificent and the staff welcoming and friendly.
I’m so glad to know that you found the hotel relaxing and that you are already planning another visit, I hope we will see you soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

As invited guests we had the most memorable (for all the very best reasons!) dinner here. As mentioned elsewhere the staff are quite outstanding - friendly, knowledgeable and most helpful and attentive.
The food was equally outstanding. We had the Portland Crab salad to start and the roast loin of Dorset Lamb to follow. The wine cellar is very extensive.
No wonder this establishment continues to win awards including Conde Naste top hotels in UK

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Resource_inspector,
Thank you for your lovely review of your meal at Summer Lodge. I am so pleased to know that it was a most memorable occasion and that you thought the staff were outstanding.
The Portland Crab and the Dorset Lamb are two of our most popular dishes, and a great reflection of the excellent produce that is available locally.
We are very proud of our award from Condé Nast and I’m glad you are in agreement with them. I hope we will get the change to welcome you back to Summer Lodge soon.